Which manipulated stock 10-15

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by pumpanddumper, Oct 14, 2007.

1. on REG SHO list will get the biggest move to the upside according to the "new rule"?

Let's put together a list for under the radar stocks that perhaps will get some play.

What Could Squeeze Shorts Next Week
    By Jim Cramer
    RealMoney.com Columnist
    10/12/2007 2:36 PM EDT
    Click here for more stories by Jim Cramer Try Jim Cramer's Action Alerts PLUS
    CLICK HERE NOW

Next week could see some pretty violent short squeezes because beginning Monday, the SEC gets rid of the major exception to the rules it put through two years ago to stop naked short-selling.

I haven't read a word about this. But on Monday, if you are using one of several grandfathered exceptions that allowed you to stay naked short, including one that said basically if you were short it before you could stay that way and another that allowed you to hide behind options rules, you have to cover.

That means stocks that are or have been heavily shorted over and over, like a Taser (TASR - commentary - Cramer's Take - Rating) or an Overstock (OSTK - commentary - Cramer's Take - Rating) or some of these homebuilders, could see a big squeeze starting Monday.

I don't like to recommend ideas based on short-bashing. It is a sucker's game; lots of stocks are heavily shorted because they deserve to go down.

I think that you could see some wild moves and I wanted you to know why that could be the case and so you can game it accordingly.