Which Lobby Group Is Strongest..

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OPTIONAL777, Apr 10, 2009.

Which is the most powerful lobby group in America?

1. NEA

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  2. Oil Lobby

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  3. Ag Lobby

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. AIPAC

11 vote(s)
    40.7%
  5. NRA

3 vote(s)
    11.1%
  6. Military Contractors

3 vote(s)
    11.1%
  7. The Pentagon

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  8. Banking

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  9. Insurance

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Prescription Drug Companies

4 vote(s)
    14.8%
  11. Pro Environmental Lobby

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  12. Other

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
    #31     Apr 13, 2009
  2. Attack the messenger...

It certainly isn't "as if" you could actually make a Hebrew Scriptural argument against the Torah Jews position on Israel...

In any case, your diversion away from the point that I refuted, i.e. not everyone who disagrees with Israel's policies is an anti Semite...

I am not an anti Semite, however there are some atheistic Semites like yourself that I think are wrong on the issues...

#32     Apr 13, 2009
  3. "wow, not only are you an abject moron"

Very sophisticated rebuttal...

Why read beyond that first line?

I didn't...Why bother?

How very Israeli supporter of you to begin a rebuttal with:

"wow, not only are you an abject moron."

And you wonder why so many people have issues with Israel and atheistic Semites?

#33     Apr 13, 2009
  4. Let's follow the money:

How much US spends on Israel (roughly 6 billion) very similar amounts for Egypt.

How much US spends on its military? $500 billion NOT INCLUDING wars in Iraq&Afghanistan. Under "W" administration military industrial complex received a christmas gift known as "global war on terror" which has no clear aims and cannot possibly end. Thankfully, this idiotic term will fall into disuse under Obama.

Great Britain wanted to have a navy stronger than the next two combined. US spends more on its military than whole of nato+russia+china, hell, US spends either more or as much as the rest of the world combined. Nobody in their right mind would treat this as sane.

All the people who voted for AIPAC need to get your heads checked. There is something blatantly obvious here and you ignore it.

#34     Apr 13, 2009
  5. Notice Option/ZZZ did not want to address the Taiwan issue head on while it is a big one. If US can commit itself to a potential armed confrontation with a major military power over an island, support of israel does not sound so extreme.

If you want to debate US foreign policy a lot of decisions can be debated, but when people single out Israel and AIPAC, they show their true colors.

#35     Apr 13, 2009
  6. Hate to burst your bubble, but no I did not continue reading your comments after the first line...

#36     Apr 13, 2009
  7. When China wants Taiwan, they will take it and we will not, and cannot stop them...

Nuclear war over Taiwan?

Nope...

"If you want to debate US foreign policy a lot of decisions can be debated, but when people single out Israel and AIPAC, they show their true colors."

Bullshit. I haven't singled out AIPAC, the ET voters did...

In any case, the abuse of political power by AIPAC by a minute percentage of Americans in this country speaks for itself.

If you think about only 2% of voters actually swinging a normal election, then you would see pols pander to gays, women, Asians, voters with Native American blood to some degree, atheists, people living below the poverty line, etc...all of whom represent a greater percentage of the population than Jews.

This is not representative democracy...if it influence peddling by those who can afford it.

Egypt and Jordan don't have anything close to a lobby group like AIPAC...

Hard to find a country outside of the US who has such a strong influence on our government and elections...

You aren't really questioning the fact that jews do have a disproportionate influence on the political process?

On a percentage basis (2%) of population the influence is much greater than 2%.

Women also don't have proper representation in government. Greater than 50% of our people in the US are women, yet do we see 50% women in high levels of government?

The bottom line is these strong influence peddlers like AIPAC and others on the list are not thinking of what is best for America, especially when they represent the interests of just a small percentage of American's interest.

Why not just admit that AIPAC does have a proportionally strong influence on government, and then say, "Of course they do, they should, they are smarter because of their genetics, they have a great concentration of wealth and power, and also they are the chosen people of God."

At least that would be intellectually honest...

#37     Apr 13, 2009
  8. Stay classy atheistic Semite...

#38     Apr 13, 2009
  9. Stay classy atheistic Semite...

#39     Apr 13, 2009
  10. So you've been publicly spanked and humiliated once again, haven't you? You seem to enjoy it quite a bit.

#40     Apr 13, 2009