Which Lobby Group Is Strongest..

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OPTIONAL777, Apr 10, 2009.

Which is the most powerful lobby group in America?

1. NEA

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  2. Oil Lobby

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  3. Ag Lobby

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. AIPAC

11 vote(s)
    40.7%
  5. NRA

3 vote(s)
    11.1%
  6. Military Contractors

3 vote(s)
    11.1%
  7. The Pentagon

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  8. Banking

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  9. Insurance

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Prescription Drug Companies

4 vote(s)
    14.8%
  11. Pro Environmental Lobby

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  12. Other

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  1. Talk..

2. The same group of people that my favorite prsident (Ike) warned against: Military industrial complex.

I guarantee you people like mag light will vote for AIPAC.

3. Jewish lobby is the strongest but it is not in the list somehow

4. If we judge the "strength" of the activity by the achieved protection of the objective...then, in my opinion, it would be the NEA, hands down.

5. Education lobby does the most damage.

6. Let me answer this poll: a picture is worth 1000 words...

Israel only wants WAR. That's a fact. We will never obtain peace as long and they are allowed to rule the USA. History has proven this true.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Arnie

Arnie

8. Couldn't remember them all...

Who has the most political influence though?

I doubt the NAR has the most influence.

Another way to look at it:

Where is their the least debate about policy by the pols?

What group is the most taboo to be critical of by the pols?

Where the pols are most silent and least critical, you can bet you will find the greatest influence...

9. To the people who continue to be ignorant anti semites:

You say US support of Israel is unconditional and a taboo subject. Let me give you an example of another relationship that is not discussed (and is essentially taboo) - US support of Taiwan.

It can be argued that one of the reasons for existence of US Pacific Fleet is too keep China from taking over Taiwan. Taiwan is but an island created by people who fled mainland (communist) China. Back when I was a senior in high school (2001) Tim Russert asked Condi Rice whether US would be willing to use nuclear weapons to protect Taiwan from China. Condi, coyly danced around the subject but never said US would nukes just "all the available means" US has its disposal.

Now if US is a country that would conceivably commit itself to a nuclear confrontation over a fucking island don't you think it is possible US could support Israel for reasons other than AIPAC influence?

There is no charity in politics. Israel to a large degree acts as a conduit of US interests in the middle east, acts as a check on pan arabic nationalism and allows US to play the role of the good cop. For the religious lunatics that reside in the bible belt and elsewhere it is also the holy land. If you allow it to be overrun by non jews you undermine christianity(the last reason is very important for the "moral majority".

If people could turn off their hatred glasses they would see israel plays an important role in US foreign policy in the middle east. The reason US support of Israel is not discussed is very similar to the reason why US support of Taiwan is not discussed - it is considered an essential component of US foreign policy.

10. Blather...

#10     Apr 12, 2009