Which Level 2 should I pay for? Interactive Brokers or Equityfeed?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Jayan16118, Mar 12, 2019.

1. My broker is IB and they charge for level 2 quotes (as do Equityfeed).

I will be paying for equityfeed but want to know if I should add their level 2 quotes to my package or pay IB for their level 2 data?

Also on a sidenote, where can I go to see detailed historic quotes so that I can backtest a trading strategy?

Thanks in advance

2. I use QuoteStream for level 2's, market depth and all research related material... You deduct cost at year end taxes, so not bad.

I would go for Equityfeed, although I didn't look into it

3. Thanks for your reply, if you use QuoteStream for level 2 - is there much delay compared to the quotes you see on there and the Level 1 prices you see from whichever broker platform it is that you use? That's my biggest concern

4. I'm in IB also, and i used the level 2 data, but after I found Bookmap I can see the depth of the market better and the real intentions of the buyers and sellers.

5. cool thanks for your reply, so if you use bookmap for level 2 - is there much delay compared to the quotes you see on there and the Level 1 prices you see on IB? That's my biggest concern because obviously I want the same price I see on level 2 of bookmap or another platform when i actually place the order on IB

6. there is no delay. I also was concerned about it and checked it out. the bid and offer I see on level 2 in IB is the same that appear on Bookmap. the advantage in Bookmap is that you can which beads and offers stay and which not in a more clearer look.

7. that's awesome! so you mean in bookmap you can see which bids/ offers are new and which are existing? that's a cool feature and since I guess it helps figure out if people are sending 'fake' bid/ offers right?

cornerstone likes this.
  8. exactly, you can see if the bids/offers stay or not. also there is the iceberg detector option which shows hidden bids/offers that don't show on the level 2

9. MotiveWave

MotiveWave Sponsor

MotiveWave has a DOM history study which will show that.

Blonde and cornerstone like this.
  10. Blonde

Blonde

Hi @MotiveWave

Thanks. Thus this DOM history replaces the Bookmap in IB's platform, but what about the Iceberg detector feature, is there anything to replace this in MotiveWave-Ultimate?

Best regards

Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
    #10     Jun 5, 2021