Which LCD?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tomoesterle, Feb 16, 2002.

1. omega_ts

omega_ts

Hello,

we use the 685 since 6 weeks.

Most of our institutional customers buys the 685 or beforehand the 675.

I think the wide viewing angles is very important, you doesn`t sit always directly before the monitors.
    You make a call, or sit on your order entry machine.
    Do you understand what I mean? (Sorry for my bad english :( )

I cannot say anything to Viewsonic.

A further good LCD is Samsung SyncMaster 181T.

regards

omega_ts

#11     Feb 19, 2002
  2. Omega

Thanks for the information. Yes, I understand exactly what you mean regarding wide viewing angle -- I just wanted to confirm it with you. Your English is almost perfect -- no worries.

Thanks again.

#12     Feb 19, 2002
  3. J-Trade

J-Trade

I have, in addition to my laptop, a Sony M61 16" lcd. This is far superior & more useful than a 15", as it has 1280 x 1024 resolution. However, it is twice the price, but worth it in my opinion (I would rather start with 1 x M61 & then buy another, if required, out of profits).

However, today whilst travelling, I used only my laptop screen which is 1600 x 1200 & I have to say that the clarity is noticeably better even than my Sony lcd (usually, I run TradeStation on the M61, everything else on my laptop screen). The only larger lcd (apart from very large & expensive models) that I have seen with 1600 x 1200 res is a 17" lcd that comes as part of an IBM NetVista computer.

#13     Feb 19, 2002
  4. janko

janko

i got a really nice 15" from kds, it was the rad 5, for about 300 at office depot,. when i walked in it stood out out of all of them, i had a viesonic there and some other ones but this kds just stood out ! it was the brightest, nice wide viewing angle, i compared it to the viesonic because a lot of poeple like them, but this kds was hands down awesome. look it up at zdnet reviews. its not digital tough. but honestly i have looked at others and cant see the difference. i will deifinitely buy another one if i should need one. just my review.

#14     Feb 19, 2002
  5. NEC LCD1810X has been my old standby. For a very long time, it's been the best 18" LCD on the market, though it's always been very pricey -- still running $1200 or so, I think.

They make a couple newer models though too.. The LCD1850E is still 18", has a high quality display viewable from a pretty wide angle, and it is only about $830. (Another higher-end model is available too, but the main differences are that it's thinner and uses less power, has optional audio support (speakers), and can be used rotated (portrait mode), if desired.)

All of course are compatible with Ergoton and other popular mounting systems.

No, I'm not an NEC salesman nor stockowner, and do not receive kickbacks. :)

#15     Feb 20, 2002
  6. Rigel

Rigel

Does anyone know where to find the pixel on/off response times for popular LCD's. What I gather is that it's like a frame-rate in a movie. Anything greater than about 35ms and you notice it. I've read that the models currently availabe have response times anywhere from 20ms to 50ms but most of the spec sheets don't list it.

#16     Feb 21, 2002
  7. racerjim

racerjim

I have an Appian board running 4 Viewsonic monitors 2xVG150 & 2xVG175. I got these at Ubid.com auction as manufacter rebuilt. No problems for the past year.

#17     Feb 25, 2002