Which is the most important Commandment of the Western God?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Jan 30, 2009.

1. He never interferes?? HE came down to earth to stir things up! and ne succeeded!

Has much less to do with your 'past performance' as it does with ACCEPTANCE. Of HIM.

it's all about HIM. HIM. HIM.

the great and wonderful OZ

you could be an axe murderer but simply ACCEPT Him at the 'end' and all is forgiven?

God is much much less about benevolence or philanthropy as he is about EXALTATION !

:(

#41     Feb 1, 2009
  2. Ask those who practice the Eastern religions...

They have no concern with the ideas of the Western Abrahamic religions...

#42     Feb 1, 2009
  3. What is "Eastern religions", and how have they cornered the truth?

your talking in circles again :D

#43     Feb 1, 2009
  4. Let's see if your circular understanding can be straightened out...

You do know that there are religions in the world, many different religions, right?

There are the major religions that are known as the Abrahamic religions which are practice worldwide but primarily in the middle east and the western world...with Islam in many African and South Pacific countries.

There are major religions in India and elsewhere often known as the "Eastern" religions.

As far as cornering the truth, kids in pre school have a truth they understand, kids in high school have a different truth, and PhD's have a different truth...as the level of understanding of truth varies according to education and capacity of understanding...

To compare what a child learns in pre-school to be unimportant is missing the point of child development, and to compare that to what a PhD learns is pretty foolish.

People start where they happen to be and they either progress, stay the same, or regress in their search for the truth...

Now maybe you are straightened out, maybe not...hard for a PhD to talk to a pre-schooler about what their level of knowledge is and have the pre-schooler understand...besides there is no corner on truth when you view truth as circular in nature...

#44     Feb 1, 2009
  5. that's all very insightful but..

What is "Eastern religions", and how have they cornered the truth?

:D

#45     Feb 1, 2009
  6. Already asked, already answered.

If your interest is genuine:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_religion

#46     Feb 1, 2009

7. kill anything that does not agree with you.

don't believe me?

all the abrahamic texts have more references to killing than anything else.

How can civilized people believe in the fantasies espoused in these religions?
    it's because humanity is not civilized. humans are inherently evil creatures.

Nothing good can be stated about religious books that condone slavery and killing of anyone who disagrees with the religions followers.

#47     Feb 1, 2009
  8. This is the Christian ignoramus view of god Killthesunshine. There is also a Christian scholar god. You should check Him out one of these days. You may find it enlightning. See the writings of Catholic history professor Paul Johnson, and I suggest you start with his most acclaimed work -- A History of Christianity.

You really believe the nonsense that a transcendental god can all of a sudden come down to Earth and change himself into a human being?

That is a metaphysical impossibilty. If God were able to do that it would mean that he can destroy himself, and I already explained in a previous post why that is impossible so read that explanation and ponder it if it is not immediately understandable to you. But to reinforce that explanation here, by transforming Himself into a human being He takes on form which implies boundaries which means he becomes limited and this violates His attribute of omnipotence. Also how can He all of a sudden come down to Earth? He is already here and everywhere by His attribute of omnipresence.

You CAN NOT be an axe murderer and simply accept Him and all is forgiven. This is why I said this is the Christian ignoramus view of God. Why do you talk about what Christian ignoramuses think of God? Why don't you talk about what meritous believing Christian scholars think of their god?

The Hebrew Testament is part of the Christian canon in conjunction with the Christian Testament which is based on it. For an axe murderer to be forgiven by simply accepting Him is in TOTAL contradiction to the Hebrew Testament. Where is the justice in this forgiveness? There is no justice in this forgiveness. It is a PERVERSION! This person is an enemy of God per the Hebrew Testament for destroying his basic moral order on Earth through murder. The Hebrew Testament is Sacred Scripture to believing Christians since it is part of their canon. He CAN NOT be forgiven per the Hebrew Testament which is the same thing as saying that he can not be forgiven per the Christian Bible. He is condemned for ever and ever in hell. And we shall leave the discussion as to what hell really means in the Hebrew Testament for another time. Mercy without justice can not stand. They have to be combined just right for this world to function in an optimal state.

Anyway, the God of the Hebrew Testament who is also the Christian God as I explained above can not forgive him even if He wanted to per his attribute of justice.

He didn't murder God. Only his victims can forgive him, and I don't think any of them are going to be that insane to forgive him for cutting off their life and causing them excrutiating pain by axing them to death.

P.S. Why don't you focus on killing the darkness i.e., your benightedness instead of killing the sunshine i.e., your ability for enlightment?

#48     Feb 1, 2009
  9. saxon

saxon

Matthew 22:35-40

Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying, Rabbi, which is the greatest commandment in the law?

Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment.

And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Regardless of what you might think about the "Son of God" thing, you have to admit; the kid was a fair-to-mid rabbi.

#49     Feb 2, 2009
  10. Illum

Illum

Interesting thread. As far as commandants go.. how does a trader resolve,

"You shall not covet your neighbour’s house; you shall not covet your neighbour’s wife, or male or female slave, or ox, or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbour.?"

Would seem to me, making your money so directly from others would go against such a commandment.

#50     Feb 2, 2009