Which is the most important Commandment of the Western God?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Jan 30, 2009.

1. stu

stu

...all of which bullshit proves the point..

...and quite obviously as a Troll you won't have the free will not to respond.

#31     Feb 1, 2009
  2. By your logic, I had no choice but to respond...since there is no free will and all of that garbage...

Love that cardboard box you put yourself in...oh wait, you think you had no choice but to put yourself in that box...

#32     Feb 1, 2009
  3. I knew there had to be a reason I liked you ZZZzzzzzzz. You would have saved me a post against Stu the Heathen if I didn't have time to respond.

#33     Feb 1, 2009
  4. 'thous shalt not kill" is obviously the most important of the ten.

ps there were TWENTY" , 10 on each tablet but Moses dropped and broke the 2nd tablet :D

Assuming 20, what would the other 10 be?? :confused:

#34     Feb 1, 2009
  5. Cutten

Cutten

Atheism thinks there is no god, so clearly as a non-existent figment of dullards' imagination, he cannot be treated as human or anything else.

Our point is even in the incredibly unlikely event that god did exist, nothing about him would arouse admiration or respect, let alone worship. Rather, contempt and scorn would be the approriate response.

Even if god existed, Satan would be more worthy of respect.

#35     Feb 1, 2009
  6. stu is right AGAIN!

if someone held a gun against your head and said do this or...

is that true free will?? is that true CHOICE? or is that the worst kind of coerced "choice"? you be the judge.

i know what i think! :eek:

#36     Feb 1, 2009
    #37     Feb 1, 2009
  8. Cutten

Cutten

What? The opposite is true. Killing mortal enemies is the sole reason that civilisation and the free world is intact. Without horrifically murdering German and Japanese grandmothers and babies in firestorms terrible enough to melt the flesh off their faces, and boil them alive, we would all be goosestepping and speaking German.

Killing is, in many cases, noble, right, and necessary. Any belief system saying otherwise is clearly nonsensical and inimical to survival.

#38     Feb 1, 2009
  9. killing is never noble.

if we all adopted the precept thou shalt not kill we'd have to find another way, wouldn't we.

everyone has but ONE life. lives are not interchangeable. once gone that specific 'spirit' cannot be replaced.

religion DIMINISHES life it fools us into believing there is smthg better, greater than what you have right now. how can you be so sure?

#39     Feb 1, 2009
  10. If God existed the way you define God, of course a western thinking human response would be similar to yours...

The focus by the ET atheists is of course on the Juedeo/Christian/Islamic concept of God. All born in the middle eastern area of the world coincidentally.

The eastern part of the world came to different understandings of God, which makes the arguments by the ET atheists as God being cruel laughable...

Many religions accept cause and effect as a universal, and many accept reincarnation (many speculate the the early Christians also accepted this idea but the church leaders eliminated the idea of transmigration of the soul because it is harder to manipulate the masses through fear without the concept of Heaven and Hell coming to a soul that was created...not a soul that is eternal and eternally moving through all the species again and again), so when they see that people suffer in life, it is not the fault of God to rescue them from the suffering, as they are only reaping the consequences of previous lives...

In these non western non Abrahamic religions, there are no victims of God...as God does not punish or reward the karmas (actions) of people on some whim or human level of decision making. Everyone gets exactly as they deserve based on their past performance. The system is 100% fair, and God does not interfere in the process of justice and the law of cause and effect.

Souls sew, souls reap what they have sewn, in this life, or the next, ad infinitum...until such time that a soul is liberated from the bondage of the eternal cycle of birth and death.

#40     Feb 1, 2009