Which is the best mechanical trading system

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by azmi, Nov 11, 2005.

1. The End, I had no idea, I thought they were on the up and up. Albeit, the FX systems seem too good to be true. 500% in 3 months, things like that. You can't possibly have risk management with that strategy.

Could you tell me what type of system it was? PM me if you would rather do that. I am currently hosting a system their, though its a long term EOD market order equity system.

#11     Nov 12, 2005
  2. i have just taken on a partner who specializes in stock trading and ive given my code to my new partner and we are going to get my concept to work on stocks. then we'll go on to fx. but thats whats on my plate

#12     Nov 12, 2005
  3. im sorry but collective 2 is a joke. ive tried to post my stuff there but its absolutely misleading and inaccurate. i wouldn't trust collective 2. sorry. just my opinion for posting there for 4 months.

#13     Nov 12, 2005
  4. azmi

azmi

thank you all for validated my fears on Collective 2 - that site should be shut down.

All said and done - lets come back to the original topic. What trading system in your experience has been "successfull". How is AbleSys? anyone used it? Their track record seems not bad....

#14     Nov 12, 2005
  5. First, I've been watching C2 closely for several months and have to strongly disagree with some of the negative comments above in this thread. (BTW, the best way to communicate with them is through their message board, not email.) True, the present technology for entering trade signals in C2's platform and rapidly / reliably transmitting them from vendors to subscribers is far from perfect, judging from members' (subscribers and vendors) feedback on the board. TradeBullet is a flawed solution, too. But C2's core business model is clearly unbiased and independent, by design.

They haven't been around long enough and/or attained a critical mass of subscribers yet, to work out all the bugs. C2 currently has about 1,000 paid (not trial basis) subscribers. Let's give them a couple of years, and see what their influence is then. In any case, no vendor can fudge their C2 track record, period.

Second, to your original question, azmi... AAAintheBeltway has given you the best answer already. I'm not sure what more do you need? :confused:

http://www.futurestruth.com/topten.htm

If you absolutely must buy an existing trading system, rather than develop your own, an investment of around $220 gets you detailed, trade-by-trade performance reports for both their top 10 systems and top 10 S&P daytrading systems (CD + hard copies). That will keep you very busy for a while. Busy because you'll need to apply your own money management strategy to the track record of any of the systems they profile, to find the one(s) "optimal" for you. All the testing they do is based on 1 contract... probably the single biggest drawback of the Futures Truth approach, yet one that readily lends itself to being fixed by any knowledgeable end user.

#15     Nov 13, 2005
  6. so what if you have been watching. ive been actually entering my system trades there. from a vendor point a view, it
    IS NOT ACCURATE. its not timely.
    you say its not perfect but to trade anything, the transfer of information to buy or sell so you can get in has to be
    absolutely perfect, or else you will lose money trading.

#16     Nov 13, 2005
  7. Yes, I agree that vendors have had serious, if intermittent, issues with entering orders on C2. That's a known fact. I've communicated with a few of them, followed the message boards, as well as trialed a few systems. Where I would disagree with you is the extent to which that messes up your subscribers. It all depends on the nature of your system, wouldn't you say?

What they classify as "rapid-fire", intraday trading -- you've got potential problems. Even with TradeBullet -- well documented on the board there.

Any system where the holding period is measuread in hours or days... no problem at all. In fact, I routinely would've gotten better fills on many entry and exit signals than what's reported by C2, as did many others.

In addition, keep in mind that some vendors choose to back up C2's ITM (Instant Trade Messenger) and email with their own IM or SMS alerts. Which is the best current technology, anyway.

It's also important to separate periodic technology issues from C2's overall integrity and objectivity. That's the kind of unfair accusations, earlier in this thread, I was specifically addressing. Or do you actually have reasons to believe that the business model is somehow dishonest, not transparent, less than objective / independent or subject to manipulation, either by C2 or by the vendors?

#17     Nov 13, 2005
  8. yes i will agree to that. buy since my systems are all very close exact entry times without much notice. C2 just didn't work for me and the poor guys who would be following me. they would miss the boat 50% of the time . the ones they would get would be the losers.

#18     Nov 13, 2005
  9. I write my systems in c and c++ code and test them out and change them around. I doubt commercial software can test all the ideas that come to my mind. I do not believe I could stick to a system during a losing streak unless I personally built the system.

I built some good trading systems with Microsoft Excel spreadsheets.

#19     Dec 10, 2005