Which is the best day of the week to buy stocks historically?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by learner88, Dec 6, 2018.

1. I am not sure if there is such a statistic but it will be interesting to know.

Is Monday the worst day to buy stocks because people have Monday blues, so Mr Market will be in bad mood? Is Friday the best day because people are in good mood (Thank God it's Friday), so Mr Market will be in good mood?

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. Cuddles

Cuddles

Today will be good ... No clue if we'll keep arresting foreign executives tomorrow though.

3. Pekelo

Pekelo

IIRC it was Thursday, but I might remember wrong...

4. I currently measure most volatile day per stock for my options trading. I dont think it would be too much of a stretch to change the measure from quantifying spikes into quantifying range associated with an up or a down move. If you want to do that, you will have to load data into some tool to bring those facts out. I don't think there are indicators present in brokers packages that can measure those. Try sierra, Ninja, Amibroker or make your own thru python,etc.

5. d08

d08

There is no consistent "best day". If it was that easy, everyone would time it by weekday.

murray t turtle likes this.
  6. srinir

srinir

Days when it goes up.

"Buy a stock, if it goes up, sell it, if it goes down, don't buy it." Yogi Berra

DTB2 and murray t turtle like this.
  7. Pekelo

Pekelo

8. .
    %%
    Well since mondays can be worse +much worse in a bear market-that can be a help.Most likely because people would rather work 6 days week rather than 7.:cool::cool:. NOT a prediction.

9. Pekelo

Pekelo

Why don't we test it? Let's buy now 2647 (Th worst day) and sell tomorrow (Fr best day). We shall see!!

10. speedo

speedo

The day you get your buy signal.

#10     Dec 6, 2018
    dealmaker and murray t turtle like this.