Which is stronger, fear or greed?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by IronFist, Jan 25, 2010.

Which is stronger?

1. Fear

43 vote(s)
    69.4%
  2. Greed

9 vote(s)
    14.5%
  3. I'm the moron who ruins poll results

10 vote(s)
    16.1%
  1. go

2. Fear is always stronger than greed, thats why a popular misconception is that newbies overtrade. patently untrue, in fact if anything they UNDErtrade

3. NoDoji

NoDoji

Just posted this in another thread recently; I think it answers the question.

4. heypa

heypa

It depends upon the gain vs pain ratio.

5. Redneck

Redneck

Fear – it’s why price falls on average 2 ½ times faster than it rises

RN

6. It is not very intelligent to associate greed with long and fear with short.

Both are associated with mental mistakes usually associated with linking a balance sheet to doing the trading routine.

There is a line in the sand that has to do with learning to count chips after the game is over. It is a before and after thing.

7. for the first time, jack wrote a sentence that I can understand. :D

8. Redneck

Redneck

Hersey,

When one get’s past the elementary BS you espouse – it is not very intelligent to associate fear and greed with anything but rising and falling prices

Get past the “everyone around here is a mental midget/ emotional wreck” crap... Every trader is responsible for standing on their own two feet, their trading, and their success or failures – period…

Oh that’s right your ego won’t allow that will it guru – always feeding the reliance on you – as are the only one with all the answers

My ass

RN

9. I read somewhere in that a statistical study of price behavioral psychology they found that the fear of missing out on a Market move is 4 times greater than the fear of losing money.

To simplfy: Greed is the fear of missing out on something

10. So much for "Redneck" being a gentleman all the time :D

#10     Jan 25, 2010