Which is stronger, fear or greed?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by IronFist, Jan 25, 2010.

Which is stronger?

1. Fear

43 vote(s)
  2. Greed

9 vote(s)
  3. I'm the moron who ruins poll results

10 vote(s)
  1. go
  2. Fear is always stronger than greed, thats why a popular misconception is that newbies overtrade. patently untrue, in fact if anything they UNDErtrade
  3. NoDoji

Just posted this in another thread recently; I think it answers the question.
  4. heypa

It depends upon the gain vs pain ratio.
  5. Redneck

Fear – it’s why price falls on average 2 ½ times faster than it rises

6. It is not very intelligent to associate greed with long and fear with short.

Both are associated with mental mistakes usually associated with linking a balance sheet to doing the trading routine.

There is a line in the sand that has to do with learning to count chips after the game is over. It is a before and after thing.
  7. for the first time, jack wrote a sentence that I can understand. :D
  8. Redneck

When one get’s past the elementary BS you espouse – it is not very intelligent to associate fear and greed with anything but rising and falling prices

Get past the “everyone around here is a mental midget/ emotional wreck” crap... Every trader is responsible for standing on their own two feet, their trading, and their success or failures – period…

Oh that’s right your ego won’t allow that will it guru – always feeding the reliance on you – as are the only one with all the answers

My ass

9. I read somewhere in that a statistical study of price behavioral psychology they found that the fear of missing out on a Market move is 4 times greater than the fear of losing money.

To simplfy: Greed is the fear of missing out on something
  10. So much for "Redneck" being a gentleman all the time :D
    #10     Jan 25, 2010