Which is honest, high quality FX Broker/Platform

Discussion in 'Forex' started by slapshot, Jan 14, 2004.

1. Just to give you all a heads up. Hotspot FX is close to having additional liquidity providers on the platform. Probably will have some of the tightest spreads in the industry as well as the cleanest business model.

#31     Feb 25, 2004
  2. Welcome to ET - nice first post for a "newbie". Keep up the good work.

#32     Feb 25, 2004
  3. cosmic

cosmic

Hey,

does anyone knows a stable platform which will let users integrate platform data into third party applications such a TradeStation or NeuroShell?

I know Oanda has possibilities, but you would need the costly API.

CMS has a good platform, but there using SaxoBanks feed, so it is up to them to provide DDE links etc.

Does anyone successfully used SaxoBanks feed for third party apps & or DDE access?

Thanks in advance for some enlightment :)

cosmic

#33     Feb 25, 2004
  4. What are you looking for in an API?

#34     Feb 25, 2004
  5. cosmic

cosmic

Hi,

i am looking for a solution to retrieve realtime & historical ticks for feeding third party applications with this feed...

Or is GTIS/Forex enough to base your trading decisions on? I doubt it, because you will always have minor differences which could "destroy" your analysis...

best & thanks,
    cosmic

#35     Feb 25, 2004
  6. AdlerNY

AdlerNY

Try ESignal -) ...their fx data is great, just 50 bucks for forex...and there is a free tool to fill any gaps in a case of internet connection loss.

Let's say you found a tool to connect your Trade Station to SaxoTrader. Are you going to keep them both running 24 hours x 5 days a week?....then, if you go to sleep and connection is lost from either side, how will you fill a gap?

#36     Feb 25, 2004
  7. One of the smoothest markets around (actually each pair is a market).

I have been gradually switching my trading to more and more currency based (via Globex), and away from spoos and bonds. Bonds trend very well also, but on a longer time frame imo. Currs, on the other hand, trend well intraday. I use a 60 min for trends (especially channels), and 5 min for timing. You cannot scalp them like spoos (like Nitro for example). Not as liquid. I usually do 1 or 2 trades per day (verses about 5 for spoos), and try and ride em. Big ranges. I only trade the following pairs due to liquidity:

USD vs Euro, pound, or Yen.

This slow trading stategy has been working well for me, although its tough just sitting around most of the time waiting for something good. BTW, I've been at this full time for many years, and still constantly fine tune my approach, but basically trade the same setups over and over again (I change mkts and time frames, but still trade retracements in spoos, and trend following systems in currencies).

Hope that helps.

Jay

#37     Feb 25, 2004
  8. cosmic

cosmic

Hi Jayford,

thanks for your post,

did you try scalping the spot market instead?

I consider trading them on 5m frame, with 60-120m charts in the "background"...trading reversals in these in the shorter term frames.

best to you,
    cosmic

#38     Feb 25, 2004
  9. Yes, I was a forex only trader in the late 90's for awhile. I found scalping spot a losing proposition due to the spread. A 3 pip spread is really a 30 buck commission. You need a really high % win rate to do that.

Jay

#39     Feb 25, 2004
  10. cosmic

cosmic

i am totally new to forex, could you please explain how you arrive at 3pips beeing a 30$ comission...

TIA & good trades!

cosmic

#40     Feb 26, 2004