which index futures are more suitable to newbies.

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by seesound, Feb 15, 2006.

1. seesound

seesound

Thanks

2. none.

3. Moreagr

Moreagr

someone is very bitter :D guess who??? lmao

4. Seesound,

Its simple...put all your index charts side by side on your monitor and watch them in realtime for several weeks.

Also, test your method on all them.

Whichever gives you the most profits will be your answer.

What I'm saying is that your strategy...not one of us ET member...will tell you what's the most suitable to trade.

Have you done any testing to find out yourself and compare the results of ER2, ES, NQ and YM)???

Further, if your method tends to perform well with volatile trading instruments...

It'll probably let you know that ER2, YM is the way to go.

If your method tends to do poorly with volatile trading instruments...

ES and NQ is the way to go.

Regardless, at any given moment during the trading day for whatever reason...

They all can be very volatile.

In addition, your trading style (day trading, position trading and swing trading) will have impact on what's suitable to trade especially if your holding overnight and trade size.

Simply, what's suitable to trade is determined by your strategy.

Mark
    (a.k.a. NihabaAshi) Japanese Candlestick term

5. Learner

Learner

Try YM, small steak.

Violent move, good 4 training.

Learner

6. i would start with the ym contract. does i t have to be stock indexes? bond futures would be my pick:)

7. cmaxb

cmaxb

Mark is right. Try em all. Decide which is best for you.

8. volente_00

volente_00

I started in YM, but it is way more choppy than ES. Before you start anything, make your you use the simulator for what ever front end you choose so you are familiar with the functions of it.

9. ================
    Seesound;

One can learn a lot by seeing, writing the daily high/low of the contracts or stocks ; but due to the leverage on all of them,
    glad I learned with much smaller positions of NYSE & some NasdaQQQ stocks.:cool:

10. u shud stay away from futs if u don't have a good auto-program: institutions are decimating wannabes, n00bs and experienced retail traders alike on a daily basis using the most complex and advanced algos.....u think your brains cud compete?
    think twice

#10     Feb 15, 2006