Which hypnosis/self-help products are good?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by 0008, Mar 31, 2003.

1. I'm pretty sure his kids are adopted so I don't think he had control over their obesity genes.

#11     Apr 1, 2003
  2. So you think that obesity is genetic? How do you then explain that so many Americans are obese, definitely more compared to Europeans and Asians. They have the same genes, mostly of European and Asian origin. Have you ever travelled overseas? If you have you must have noticed the difference. It's staggering. This country has the most obese people in the developed world despite being at the same time the most genetically diverse.

Take, for instance, Asians born in this country and those born overseas. Asians tend to be skinny, in this country they are more likely to be obese than their cousins born and living in Asia.

A friend of mine after moving to Canada lost 50 pounds within a year.

Well, I guess I know the answer: it's food (usually fast food) and lifestyle. Both of these things can be modified. Of course, I am not saying that genes did not play any role in the case of his adopted children, this could be so, but it is more likely food and lifestyle that did.

#12     Apr 1, 2003
  3. Food and lifestyle play a role, but there is definitely more of a genetic role in obesity than people tend to realize. Metabolism levels for example. One person may eat the same amount as another, but will tend to gain weight faster because of their metabolism.

You are right, though. With large sodas now approaching 44 ounces and fast food so prevelant and affordable, it is no surprise how many people are obese in this country.

Sorry to the thread originator for this off-topic discussion.

#13     Apr 1, 2003
  4. Momento

Momento

... uhm yah..
    i was wondering, for those of you who tried these things, are they really worth a try? Do they "work"?

I have heard alot of instances where people pump irons @ the gym listening to these, but trading?

Where can i get a sample downloads or something just to test the water. From what i have read upto now, it seems that what i am actually doing it putting scheduled reminders in my CPU and pops it out every now and then?

Can't wait to see the link and see what it does.
    Thanks

#14     Apr 2, 2003
  5. This is only seemingly off-topic. I will return to this later on, first need to get some food, so I am off to get it now.

#15     Apr 2, 2003
  6. Biomech

Biomech

Agree! Check out some Tony Robbins cds from your local library. His work has made very significant changes in more than one aspect of my life.

#16     Apr 2, 2003
  7. nkhoi

nkhoi

http://www.talkingtools.com/cd/cddemo.mp3
    http://www.talkingtools.com/cd/cd.html
    enjoy

#17     Apr 2, 2003
  8. Obviously, you are not alone. So do I...:p

Well, I am back from my food hunt, but will return to the food- mood connection tomorrow. The food-mood link seems to be more radical than one would think... Stay tuned.

#18     Apr 2, 2003
  9. No offense, but it actually doesn't at all.

Human beings spent thousands of years evolving; further, our molecular machinery spent millions of years evolving before we crawled out of a puddle.

Especially considering that evolution takes thousands of years to recognize on a macro scale, such as with a central process such as metabolism, there is no difference between us and our skinner european counterparts with regard to metabolism speeds, and with the exceptions of those who have diagnosed gland problems, we all metabolize at the same rate. Our 200 year old culture has not taken a separate path of evolution.

We simply choose to be larger. And we drive everywhere.

Let's not deny it.

#19     Apr 2, 2003
  10. links

links Guest

Wavetrader, Surfer and others,

My trading has been stagnant for the past few years, making a reasonably good living but nothing spectacular, certainly not the kind of money I dreamed of making getting into this business. So lately I have been experimenting with quite a few things, including seeing a sports psychologist etc, so its hard to determine the exact effect of this software.

This software comes with 27 built-in modules, you know the regular self help titles like deserving abundance, creating wealth etc. Also a weight loss and eat healthy module.

So for ha ha's as a test, along with the trading module I also included the weight loss module, which comes built in w/ this software. I am one of those people who is about 15 pounds overweight based on my height/frame etc. For the past five years I have been stuck at this weight. I started using this software about 6 weeks ago and.....I have lost about 5 pounds. I seem to be eating better, and little things I notice, rather than using half and half in my coffee I just go for regular milk etc. and I have seen many other changes in my diet. Its interesting how this change from within works. So if not a successful trader, I maybe a very thin one..

So thats just my 2 cents...I think this is a worthwhile concept, we are sitting in front of the computer screen all day anyway, so whynot just let this software run all day.

#20     Apr 2, 2003