Which games resemble the game of trading the most?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by aeliodon, Dec 19, 2006.

1. Not always a man....you get lucky sometimes..:D ......

#51     Dec 20, 2006
  2. There are many ways to make money.

personally for me; I am very risk adverse.

So I pick up my marbles and leave the world of chance.

Where I wind up is in a paradigm that deals with pool extraction and it mostly feels like doing plumbing.

I do not think that edges keep a person in the market extracting money as it is available. Trading edges is like not being in the market very often and when in, the person has no connection as to why he got in to why he is getting out. Edge stuff seems to be an entry only type orientation and, for sure it is riky on that basis.

There are two things that I look to for why I picked up my marbles.

Most traders are losers (some high percentage) And they use gaming theory.

To make money you need to be in the market and on the right side of the market.

I go IN and stay IN. I look to stay on the right side of the market and to reverse appropriately to stay on the right side. The consequence is taking profits periodically at the end of each price movement. As far as gaming, it does not apply. There are two sides to a moving market; being on the correct side is the only side to be on and there is one available all of the time. There is no gaming involved.

On the contrary, the mathematics involved have largely to do with optimizing techniques. Again, I do not see gaming as an aspect of optimizing. It is plumbing. Connecting the pipe to extract (being IN the market) and keeping the valve (# of contracts) at the correct setting and direction of flow.

There is room for many views on this stuff. for me, as time passes, it is very important to be making as much money as possible and all the time.

#52     Dec 20, 2006
  3. secxces

secxces

Im going with tetris on this one. I mean, First person shooters like counter-strike and quake are good, but dont relate to trading really. Now tetris, if you play alot and start getting up on higher levels, you will start to measure the risk/reward of putting blocks in certain positions. I mean you can intentionally put a long blog in a spot were it fits, or you can measure out the risk of putting it somewhere else, in order to fill the grid, and close out your grid with as much points. Theres also a systematic method most develop to tetris. You may not think you dont, but you do. For example you might always look to leave an open space for the big square blocks, or leave just enough room on the side of a large built up area, in order to squeeze in a long skinny block. You might use a tactic were you actually put a block in one area, in fear, that you might not be able to clear the blocks the way they are (hedging).

Risk/reward/Hedging/Strategy/

and even a book to (I.E. the little square up top telling you your next piece, as in the seeing the next 200k order just sitting there to be filled)

Yeah, Im going with tetris on this one.

Again, Put your Block (Money) were it shouldn't go, without and educated decision, your bound to bust (or go broke)..lol.

IMO..lol

- secXces

#53     Dec 20, 2006
  4. tetris is waaay to easy.

#54     Dec 20, 2006
  5. omniscient

omniscient Guest

i guess the link didn't make the cut. google trading simulator software.

#55     Dec 20, 2006
  6. I'll kill all of you in Tetris.

I've been playing for over 15 years... and haven't lost (Arcade, S. Nintendo, Gamboy, Sega Saturn... etc. etc. ) for 12 years and still counting!!!

My other record is I finished on the Gameboy Tetris (original) Level 9-5, 72 times in a row and still counting... (haven't worked on it for a long time though...)

!!! Bwahahahahaha!!!!

#56     Dec 20, 2006
  7. doubt u beat me. if anything u are as good as me. the only lmitations are on the speed in which u can push the buttons and change shape. u get to a point where u cant humanly do it fast enough.

#57     Dec 20, 2006
  8. jack...

math is math

unless you are trading 100% riskless arbs (which i doubt), your trading has an element of chance

grow up

successful trading can (given sufficient "n") render the element of chance largely irrelevant.

see: game theory, etc.

but saying that chance is not present in your trading is stupid

unless you KNOW with 100% certainty exactly what the market will do after u enter a trade, there is an element of chance

#58     Dec 20, 2006

9. yes, exactly. proflogic also claims perfection in his trading. this is simply delusional but it sure lures in the newbies.

regards,

surfer

#59     Dec 20, 2006
  10. Cutten

Cutten

IMO video games are a totally unproductive and even destructive use of time. Why click buttons to manipulate blips on a screen when you could be porking some hot chick, making money, or experiencing the beauty of real life?

#60     Dec 20, 2006