Which games resemble the game of trading the most?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by aeliodon, Dec 19, 2006.

1. Second that one. No other game is so dependent upon psychology except maybe poker.

#21     Dec 20, 2006
  2. Tradernik, you clearly havent tried darts.
    Golf is RUBBISH.
    Thats right, RUBBISH.

Absolute tripe. Thats right, "tripe".

"No game is as psychological", what , are you talking about willy wonka land?

Look, you can play darts in your living room, you CANNOT play 9 holes of golf in even the smallest loungeroom on the planet.
    Case closed, the mental disciplines are identical.

#22     Dec 20, 2006
  3. Ummm...okay, man.

#23     Dec 20, 2006
  4. Great metaphor, thx!

#24     Dec 20, 2006
  5. asap

asap

CHESS it is. it all about drawing lines in the sand while carefully planning your next move.

#25     Dec 20, 2006

6. Well, im not a golf guy, and i recently established darts are better in so many respects.
    Didn't mean to beat down on your "Totally mental"
    game of golf, by any means, just darts are far more immediate, far less forgiving (i recall my golf got to a 28 handicap, so you know....)
    and it feel its much closer to reality, than hitting a ball around the joint.

Maybe thats just me, and you can do it in your lounge room-close to any monitors you might think worthy of observing.
    Cant do that on a golf course.

Just like you can bash the Z troll in your loungeroom, it is an immediate, and i think worthwhile activity.

Jmo.

#26     Dec 20, 2006
  7. The market can go up, down or don’t move. In a Quake rail fight the enemy can move left, right or don’t move to dodge ur rail. Pick his next move and u gets a frag (profit). The best way to win a rail fight is often to don’t move since the enemy expects u to go left or right.

#27     Dec 20, 2006
  8. sulli

sulli

PS2 Guitar Hero!!! - push buttons :p

#28     Dec 20, 2006
  9. jsmooth

jsmooth

Madden 2007....I'm suprised no one has mentioned any sports games?

#29     Dec 20, 2006
  10. socalpt

socalpt

Paintball, you planned and planned your strategies and you still going to get popped once in a while. :cool:

#30     Dec 20, 2006