Which games resemble the game of trading the most?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by aeliodon, Dec 19, 2006.

1. To relieve boredom I'm going to take up video games, or games in general. Obviously poker is the game most similar to trading. Can anyone think of any others?

2. I used to play Starcraft a lot way back in the days. Unfortunately I missed the whole poker craze, never got into it.

3. our office plays Quake Arena :D

4. The only first person shooter game i ever got into was DOOM even further way back in the days. I haven't been much into first person shooter games ever since. I'm more into games that involve strategy, and management of resources in a zero-sum way.

5. Darts are fun, dont take up much space.
    Keep hitting the board, you should hit good numbers eventually.:)

edit; Plus the precision, strategising , odds/evens aspect, strong elements of skill vs randomness, neverending room for improvement, meditative aspect, etc.

6. Russian Roulette is the game most similar to trading.

John

7. About 10 years ago, I spent several months glued to my PC playing Wall $treet Rider. Cool game, shareware but really worth having. You could still get it as a freeware and then if you like it the full version is around $20. :D :D :D :D :D

8. is sports betting an option? JUUUST like trading. The tape (stats) dont lie. Sometimes you are too late and the line has moved too far for it to be a good bet (chasing) while other times you cant believe what a no brainer the bet is (easy money) And most similar, nothing is EVER predictable (nothing ever being predictable)

9. bellman

bellman

I reccommend TradeSports.com. Set up just like a market. Very good for homing your skills.

10. Hearts

#10     Dec 19, 2006