Which FX broker? An illustrated answer.

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by sgsaxton, Sep 30, 2005.

1. If you feel the need to ask is your money safe then you should withdraw your cash without question. Would you put a trade on if there was a chance you would lose 100% of your margin? and if you are thinking of withdrawing your funds awhat are the other clients and banks thinking?

Chances are Refco have huge problems but will still be around in a years time - but what harm does it do to withdraw for now? and if you are thinking this what are the other banks are client's thinking? One thing is for sure- brokers don't usually fail for lack of profit but lack of liquidity......

#41     Oct 12, 2005
  2. better get yr money back now spreadmonkey... as lon eagle is saying there is likely to be a bad patch ahead, not just for refco, but potentially fxcm & acm too if clients close their accts in droves and these firms r left with non-insignificant fixed costs / overhead, have to cut staff etc, which wld make things look even worse... so, if only for peace of mind...

there r plenty of ok brokers around but since u ask, try hotspotfx retail, i use their other platform but these guys tell me that even their retail platform is an ECN, i.e. they don't bucket. good spreads

otherwise forex.com (Gain), don't like their spreads too much but if you've been working with refco you shld find them ok

g'luck

#42     Oct 13, 2005