Which Futures & Forex Brokers are recommended for more than $100K?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by virtualmoney, Mar 19, 2008.

1. Let's say you have about $300K to trade forex & index futures.

How would you allocate your funds? into 3 or more brokers
    or all into one? What are the things you would consider when deciding?

Besides IB, which retail brokers do you recommend? Is InterbankFX better than IB for forex spot?

2. Surdo

Surdo

If you have to ask this question, perhaps learn to trade with 10K in FX and 10K in futures, put the other 280K in a 1% T Bill!
    You will thank me in 2 months when you still have $280K.

el surdo

3. If you don't know what to suggest, just keep quiet and nobody would know you don't know.

4. Mate your handle about sums you up!!!

5. Never mind about my nick, seriously, I need suggestions because I want to spread out my risk in my real money.:)

6. He just told you how.

That's a valid suggestion for you to take while learning the ropes. If you have to come here and ask, you shouldn't be working with that amount of capital.

There's waaaaaay too much ground to cover here... good luck!

7. Seriously!!! I have trouble taking anyone seriously that comes on here with 300K asking for advice from a board made up mainly of nontrading idiots and kids still in school.

On the off chance you are serious Do your own review of the broker listings on here then make a short list then start calling them.

That is a start though you shouldnt stop there just asking here is a lazy way to go about things which in hope isnt your character because if it is that 300k will get smaller reall fast without hard work.

8. Never Mind, I just thought that 'elite' traders come here.

$300K is not a lot. Most of the senior traders I know trade with at least 1 million which is probably only worth about $100K in the 80s and they haven't even heard of Interactive Brokers, TradeStation, etc. or even VIX!

All of us are still with MF Global and you all know what happened to Refco. I am moving my funds out of there. Believe many of you received a notice from IB but I do not plan to transfer everything into IB.

9. tortoise

tortoise

You're probably best off asking the senior traders you know.

10. Those senior traders are sticking with MFGlobal.

#10     Mar 19, 2008