Which Forex Live TV do you watch?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by salamanderforex, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Hi Everyone,

Is there a link to watch CNBC markets live on the internet?

Also, are there any other live TV channels or internet TV channels that you watch for live (real-time) news?

Thanks,

2. maxinger

maxinger

I watch none.
    Because those talkers are professional talkers.
    They are not professional traders.

Listening to those talkers might cause more harm than benefit.

VPhantom, Nobert and zenlot like this.
  3. That is also a very valid point.

I am looking for quick news and don't want to be influenced either. But some news like Trumpy announcing other day about No Stimulus Deal was a quick hit. I rather hear that through an FX only(?) channel than a general markets channel that is talking to end and uselessly.

Probably what I am asking doesn't exist.

4. I do not watch live TV shows about trading but I join youtube live sessions where most of the experience traders share their trading experiences.

5. easymon1

easymon1

6. tedmos38

tedmos38

I have been following the market from quite sometime now, but for the market updates, I refer to the internet only.

7. ZBZB

ZBZB

You can watch Bloomberg within IB TWS mosaic but it is about five minutes behind an amazon fire tv stick.

8. AbbotAle

AbbotAle

By the time you'll hear the news it won't help you one bit because the move will have already happened. Use the assumption that you'll be at least 1min behind (exception for econonmic releases).

As others have said, listening to the news will probably hurt more than it will help. Take the Trump news that you spoke about - by the time the general market received it (ie, you and me) probably 80% of the move had already happened so you'd be selling at a very bad price and often that will be right around the lows.

Plus, think about matters, even if you knew much of the news before everyone else it might actually be hard to predict whether it would lead to bullish or bearish price action, even if the news sounds very bearish. Markets are perverse so often bad news moves prices higher and vice-versa.

tedmos38 likes this.
  9. DevBru

DevBru

If you want fast updates on Trump there is only one way: Twitter.

10. AbbotAle

AbbotAle

But even then it's far too late as the Twitter reading Algos will get the news far quicker than any human.

Plus, do you really want to spend all day every day pushing 'Refresh' (about 18,000+ times a day!) on a browser for 1 tweet out of 20 that may or may not move the market in a direction you're not entirly sure about.

#10     Oct 19, 2020