Which firm meets this criteria?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by BENKINGSLEY, May 9, 2006.

1. Please understand....I don't know for sure that we "can't" do it...I don't know either way....if you guys set up with TS, then I see no problem with it.

I know eSignal is set up, and I know several groups with their own FIX based programs...I'm just not sure about TS, never used it myself.

Don

#11     May 10, 2006
  2. Since TS is a Broker Dealer themselves, I doubt that they will want to development an interface with Goldman (but they may). TS provide a SDK (Software Development Kit) that will allow you to interface with almost anything

#12     May 10, 2006
  3. I didn't know esignal was a broker. If speed is essential then FIX is the way to go, however, apis are a lot easier to put together.:D

#13     May 10, 2006
  4. There maybe a significant number of TS trader who would want to trade through Bright for the leverage. It seem to me that the company who would want to develop such an interface would be Bright:D

#14     May 10, 2006
  5. eSignal is not a broker...but they have set up their products to interface with BT software...our Pairs traders swear by it.

One of the founders of TS is a trader with us, and his brother manages an office....TS is a retail brokerage, of course, so they aren't really a competitor or anything like that.

Don

#15     May 10, 2006
  6. I would prefer to use TradeStation, but am open to any platform if they provide strategy automation. I don't think eSignal has strategy automation do they?

I am still waiting for TS tech support to answer their phone so I can find out about interfacing with them......

#16     May 10, 2006
  7. I use automated systems for equities and futures trading. I use TS for prototyping only. When it comes to total automation, TS leaves a lot to be desired. All of my system are written using C++.
    Java and C++ is the language of choice when it comes to black box trading.

#17     May 10, 2006
  8. Don-

How about NinjaTrader?

I have contatcted them, they can interface TradeStation with anyone of their brokers...however, Bright is not one of their current supported brokers.

Is there any reason why you guys are not signed up with them? Is that a possibility, to get online with them?

#18     May 10, 2006
  9. kbeck

kbeck

can you give me more information about chicago trading service, please? contact person, clearing firm...? i need a new place to trade.

kevin

#19     Jun 30, 2006

10. The Ferrari of strategy building and automation -

www.smartquant.com

pm me if you have questions.

#20     Jun 30, 2006