Which firm has the best training?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by newjack*trader, Jun 7, 2006.

1. I just graduated college (Albany State U) and have made a commitment to become a professional trader. I am giving myself about 1 year to become profitable and see if this works out. If not, I can always go to law school and make the parents happy :D

Can you guys help me out? Im looking for a firm that has a great training program. I have heard of numerous horror stories of people expecting formal training, but the training from some firms is on how to use their software, not actual market training!

So far I have interviewed in the following places:

Assent
    Benchmarq
    Genesis

Any ideas? Comments?

2. Surdo

Surdo

GO to Law School, or get an MBA from a decent school and a job at an I Bank!
    Do it for yourself and not for Mommy and Daddy.
    The markets are not going anywhere, (it may take more than a year to even break even!)

3. Traded at Assent for a couple of years, good firm ,great platform,good people(most anyway). I traded at the edison office,I dont think they provide training, I haven't seen a firm that REALLY provides training so be careful of what they promise, make sure they have a training program available and dont just throw you with a SENIOR trader who really cant be bothered. Good Luck. (If you want any further info you can always pm me on this site.:cool:

4. Smart kid, at least you have a timeframe and can hopefully afford to do this for a year.

Although it would be a shame if you get lucky your first year and blow it up in 3 - 5 years from now and be jobless.

Assent - Seems like some great software, but have seen people have negative comments about the firm.

Benchmarq - Have not had direct experience with them but definately has what seems to be one of the best support groups, plus they have guys hanging out on AIM and stuff, but the platform leaves much to be desired.

Genesis - I trade through a prop that has a sub-account with Genesis, and I love it. Great support and probably the top 3 platforms on MY list of favorites.

A sub-account with a prop firm with genesis or benchmarq trading seems like a good way to go.

Best training though..... ummm, your pretty much going to be learning on your own unless you move out to NY.