Which financial company will go bankrupt next?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by The Kin, Jun 11, 2008.

Which company should stop being allowed to beg at the discount window and go belly up

1. LEH

70 vote(s)
    34.3%
  2. ABK

23 vote(s)
    11.3%
  3. MBI

5 vote(s)
    2.5%
  4. WM

48 vote(s)
    23.5%
  5. CFC

11 vote(s)
    5.4%
  6. C

8 vote(s)
    3.9%
  7. MER

14 vote(s)
    6.9%
  8. TMA

12 vote(s)
    5.9%
  9. HOV

6 vote(s)
    2.9%
  10. MF

7 vote(s)
    3.4%

1. Any crook can earn a return when you can lie cheat and steal.

#41     Jun 19, 2008

2. You do what you gotta do. Either way your money gonna be took. If you can't beat em, join em.

[​IMG]

#42     Jun 19, 2008
  3. I vote - All the Above.

#43     Jun 19, 2008
  4. Alex: The question a losing or slightly marginal retail trader asks.

Aaron: Were is goldman sucks?

Alex: Correct! The board is yours Alex.

Aaron: I'll take MM manipulation for $500 Alex.

#44     Jun 19, 2008
  5. capmac

capmac

Citigroup CFO Warns Further Writedowns Possible

Thursday June 19, 12:52 pm ET

Citigroup could take substantial write-downs for subprime mortgages, leveraged buyout loans and other assets in the second quarter, the company's chief financial officer said on a call with investors.

Shares of Citigroup (NYSE: c) dropped more than 3 percent on the New York Stock Exchange. Before his comments, the shares had been up nearly 1 percent.

In at least some of these areas, the write-downs are on track to be smaller than the first quarter, but could still be substantial, CFO Gary Crittenden said.

Costs linked to worsening consumer credit quality could have a meaningful impact on Citi's results for the rest of the year, Crittenden said.

The company is always willing to look at acquisitions, and will make them where it makes sense, but is focusing more on improving its performance, he said.

Crittenden spoke on a Deutsche Bank Securities investor conference call.

#45     Jun 19, 2008
  6. You forgot one, LOL.

Does UBS count? They will be gone within 6 months. Already starting to cancel subscriptions for BloomBerg and other software.

#46     Jun 19, 2008
  7. WTF are you talking about? They all hire in the same manner and compete with each other over the same Ivy League graduates.

The only reason Goldman seems like they are doing great is because they have the most connections. You think Paulson isn't pushing every favor toward Goldman so that his net worth goes up?
    Their balance sheet is just as convoluted with mortgage liabilities hidden all over. The amount they went short on subprime is a fraction of what they are long.

PhDs over MBAs a sign of success? A big LOL.

#47     Jun 19, 2008
  8. TMA is basically already gone

#48     Jun 19, 2008
  9. Not one person has voted for MF. But it's fallen like 50% over the past couple of days. Hint Hint! or am I just reading too much into the market?

#49     Jun 20, 2008
  10. Also please don't read too much into this post. I only added MF to the list because I hate the company. I didn't honestly think they would go bankrupt but mu opinion has changed due to recent price action.

#50     Jun 20, 2008