Which financial company will go bankrupt next?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by The Kin, Jun 11, 2008.

Which company should stop being allowed to beg at the discount window and go belly up

1. LEH

70 vote(s)
    34.3%
  2. ABK

23 vote(s)
    11.3%
  3. MBI

5 vote(s)
    2.5%
  4. WM

48 vote(s)
    23.5%
  5. CFC

11 vote(s)
    5.4%
  6. C

8 vote(s)
    3.9%
  7. MER

14 vote(s)
    6.9%
  8. TMA

12 vote(s)
    5.9%
  9. HOV

6 vote(s)
    2.9%
  10. MF

7 vote(s)
    3.4%
  1. Borrow money from fed; is like put your hands in cookie jar; at first; you may think it is a good idea; later you will realized that defaulting from other investors is one thing; cheating government is a serious crime. :D

#11     Jun 11, 2008
  2. I didn't think anyone would notice. I deserve being called out.

#12     Jun 11, 2008
  3. South Korean Banks

#13     Jun 11, 2008
  4. haha It's all good my man.

They are all going broke!

Credit as we know it will not exist.

All whole new version of credit will emerge.

#14     Jun 11, 2008
  5. We'll soon be paying for things with chickens and goats. Mind you , the way the USD has faired the last few years I'd rather sweep my profits in the form of chickens and goats.

#15     Jun 11, 2008
  6. The following institutions will be around forever:

Rothschild banks of London and Berlin, Lazard Brothers bank of Paris, Israel Moses Seif banks of Italy, Warburg bank of Hamburg and Amsterdam, Lehman Bros. bank of New York, Chase Manhattan bank of New York, Kuhn, Loeb bank of New York, Goldman Sachs bank of New York

LEH isn't going anywhere.

#16     Jun 12, 2008
  7. Nickvac

Nickvac

I think leh will weather the storm but take a huge hit in credibility and investment.

#17     Jun 12, 2008
  8. LOL; in this game; credibility is everything; BSC couldn't get its brand new building appraised at fair value.

#18     Jun 12, 2008
  9. you makin odds on exactas and trifectas?

must be nice having a deep cookie-jar to go running to, the fed window (in case of emergencies), at damned-nears free rates, and now there's talk of 'making it permanant'...hell, if they can't make maoney trading when they borrow it for next to free...

TMA CEO is still talking rosy, stock under a buck down from 30 in a year...good work GallStone.

#19     Jun 12, 2008
  10. LEH is going down. their B/S is a mess. Running here and there to get our of the RE crap.

$17.50 strike PUTs for July.

#20     Jun 12, 2008