Which financial company will go bankrupt next?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by The Kin, Jun 11, 2008.

Which company should stop being allowed to beg at the discount window and go belly up

1. LEH

70 vote(s)
    34.3%
  2. ABK

23 vote(s)
    11.3%
  3. MBI

5 vote(s)
    2.5%
  4. WM

48 vote(s)
    23.5%
  5. CFC

11 vote(s)
    5.4%
  6. C

8 vote(s)
    3.9%
  7. MER

14 vote(s)
    6.9%
  8. TMA

12 vote(s)
    5.9%
  9. HOV

6 vote(s)
    2.9%
  10. MF

7 vote(s)
    3.4%
  1. There are just so man candidates!!

2. I probably missed a dozen candidates. Anything else on the brink or at least rumored to do so?

3. Digs

Digs

Why would any body take over LEH.

Rumours may out soon, to force short covering.

The bad.

- Income model broken
    - Massive 37:1 gearing on current assets
    - Assets are poor performing real estate investments in CA (I think)
    - Capital dilution from fund raising
    - Expensive preference shares costs

The good.

Maybe there there are some good assets like the people who advise on bonds.

So I guess this stock true value is way under $10.00

4. Digs

Digs

more ...

http://www.howestreet.com/articles/index.php?article_id=6635

.."Credibility Issues Haunt Lehman

Finance chief, Erin Callan would not disclose the amount of the writedowns on Archstone and SunCal. Instead Ms. Callan calls it "significant". If it is significant, why doesn't Lehman state the amount? Why not let investors decide if it's "significant" or not?

Lehman is still holding $29 billion in commercial real estate having written off only $3.5 billion. Lehman calls this "very large". I call it "peanuts". And the fact that they are hiding amounts of individual writedowns on some very bad deals they have gotten into suggests a huge credibility problem that is not going away quickly or quietly.

For more on Lehman's bad quarter please see Worst Ahead Of Lehman.

The commercial real estate mess alone suggests the writedowns at Lehman have just begun."...

NOTE: I am short from $38.00

5. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. I think Wamu may go tits up. They don't habe the clout to get funds as Lehman has, and they are hurting big. May get snapped up like BSC.

8. DSL

9. What I want to know is who the hell bought at the secondary offerings of LEH. The new shares increased shares outstanding by over 20%. That's huge and a major dilution to existing shareholders.

Who's foolish enough to do that because they're now sitting on a major loss. Dumping would only cause the price to go much lower very fast.

At least those Arab bastards are smart and went for the ultra high yielding convertibles. So regardless of future shares outstanding, they will still own 5% of the company. Only way they would lose is if C ceased to exist before the conversion date...

Stupid LEH investors who bought at the secondary offering should lose everything. They should also be denied participation in the impending shareholder class action suit.

10. You changed the Poll question from the Thread question dofus.

I change my vote to Lehman. Do all those companies actually borrow from the window? I don't think so.

#10     Jun 11, 2008