which famous trading systems are good?

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by travis, Nov 17, 2003.

1. The guys profiled in the book The Predictors tried that. They seemed to me to waste an awful lot of time and money, and it wasn't really clear what they came up with or whether it actually made much money. They seemed very pleased with themselves though.

#21     Nov 17, 2003
  2. The predictors sold the company to UBS for ~ $300 M. Pretty good for a few years worth of work :)

#22     Nov 17, 2003
  3. I would add to be careful evaluating anything tested over the last several months. Anything can look good. Make sure you dig in and look for good and bad times.

I assume you've looked around on www.tradestationforum.com.

The advice to design your own system is a good one. Order a copy of "Trading Systems that Work" by Thomas Stridsman and read it before you do anything.

#23     Nov 17, 2003
  4. travis,

If you are really serious about finding out the worth of your CD start trying out each of these 400 systems. You will get a better answer than what you will get from ET.

Still better, trow the CD in the garbage can and start developing your own "good" system. I'm sure you will get there faster than checking your CD - it might take you some years though.

nononsense

#24     Nov 18, 2003
  5. LOL! :D

Sorry Travis, but I think I have to wholeheartedly agree...

You need a system that works well for you. Put time into developing your own system, which you know that it works and how it works. This, IMHO, is the most important thing about using a trading system, also from a psychological point of view. Otherwise, might as well buy a grey-box, or trade discretionary.

Scientist.

#25     Nov 18, 2003
  6. travis

travis

Thank you all for your advice and links. I found another good site that rates and lists system and it's this one:

http://www.attaincapital.com/

#26     Nov 18, 2003
  7. DenisH

DenisH

All systems have good and bad points but none work well all the time. Even when you develop your own system it will never work all the time and under some market conditions is a downright liability.
    Develop whatever works bets for you and continually change and adapt it as you go on.
    I am not even sure that backtesting systems is of value as it is not the same as real trading, when you behave differently.

Denis.

#27     Nov 18, 2003
  8. Interesting, very interesting indeed! :confused:

#28     Nov 18, 2003
  9. T-REX

T-REX

This is the best Day Trading System IMHO.

Results are found in:

*The T-REX Journal.
    *EGO CHALLENGE.
    *2 Bar Charlie "LIVE DEMO".

#29     Nov 18, 2003
  10. I like the stuff from tersa lo from trend vue

#30     Nov 18, 2003