which famous trading systems are good?

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by travis, Nov 17, 2003.

1. travis

travis

Thanks for the link to easyrider and Option_Attack.

#11     Nov 17, 2003
  2. I agree with Scientist on this one. I think that the money is made by the people on the other side of the system purchase. Read "Winner Take All" by William R. Gallacher. There, you will learn more about the likes of Larry Williams and those of his ilk.

Regards,

Thunderdog

#12     Nov 17, 2003
  3. ...reveals a working system when you take his seminar:

http://www.samuraitrader.com

I know it works because I coded it up and tested it myself. An associate of his leases the system for Tradestation.

While I am on the subject of Eddie, his seminar is bitchin', IMO well worth the price just to meet him and to be able to ask him questions. Some SMART suckers show up as students, too (I wasn't one of them).

And no, I don't get a damn thing for hyp(o)ing him. I asked, but he refused. Said it would be negative advertising.

#13     Nov 17, 2003
  4. this may be a good starting point.

i'm going to go ahead and get this today, and look at some of these, and sit down and code some of my own ideas (you have no idea how much i'm dreading this). but, these may be a good starting point for ideas, then you can tweak them. granted, you'd have to purchase wealthlab, but what's $1000 (or whatever the price is) if just one of these has merit.

http://www.wealth-lab.com/cgi-bin/WealthLab.DLL/getpage?page=Top25.htm.

#14     Nov 17, 2003
  5. So you are Jan Arps, coder of the infamous Arps Crown Jewels?

Scientist.

#15     Nov 17, 2003
  6. ...I forgot that Roscoe in a PM told me that some of the late Bruce Babcock, Jr.'s systems work and that they are still for sale. Re a testing platform, I use E-Signal for reasons which may be entirely perverse on my part. Before you decise, I suggest you do a search here. Tons of totally confusing and contradictory opinions expressed. Or start a thread. I'll contribute, FWIW.

#16     Nov 17, 2003
  7. ...ever the comedian. Have you considered a career? Is Mr. Arps his associate, I never looked into it? One reason, it's on TS (ugh!). Two, my own systems have higher expectoration. Three, I am far too arrogant ever to use anybody else's system. But used EXACTLY how Eddie says to in his seminar, it DOES work. Additionally, from my limited knowledge of Mr. Arps, he is intelligent, thoughtful, logical, articulate, serious, and profitable. I could not possibly be he.

#17     Nov 17, 2003
  8. lindq

lindq

If you can't find such a site, then start one. Probably a good business opportunity! I suspect many traders would like to know what doesn't work before putting their attention on it, or a similar approach.

#18     Nov 17, 2003
  9. I have learned much from Dennis Meyer's systems.

#19     Nov 17, 2003
  10. by the way, where did you get this CD with 400 trading sytems on it?

#20     Nov 17, 2003