which DOM -- Ninjatrader?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by jammy page, Nov 19, 2007.

1. RedDuke

RedDuke

Good idea, I thought of it as feature since OCO reacts to manually placed orders, wheather to enter or close the position. I will post the question on their forum. I also saw another plug in there, called Stop Watch, which might do the trick.

#11     Nov 21, 2007
  2. Biz

Biz

...Hello,

I suggest trying a demo of NinjaTrader w/ Zen-Fire thru Mirus Futures. Transaction credits do not need to be purchased for using the Static SuperDOM with Zen-Fire. It is extremely fast and reliable during all market conditions.....No plug-ins are necessary as NinjaTrader is the only software supported by the Zen-Fire network.....

#12     Nov 21, 2007
  3. Hi jammy page,

If you're still evaluating trading platforms, and use one of the +12 brokers it supports, please consider QuoteTrader, whose most recent build now supports Trading Technologies, Hotspot (FX) and Transact Futures.

Additionally, a new Chart Trading feature was introduced last month that provides an alternate order-entery/management tool to its liquidity gauging, dynamic DOM.

In addition to trading, the decision support tools include Quote.com's extensive fundamental analysis, plus >30 of the most used studies, indicators and drawing tools, like Fibonacci Retracement, Extension, Time and Circle, Money Flow, Pitchfork, MACD, Pivots, Parabolics, CCI, Auto Trend Channels, On Balance Volume, and of course, Bollinger Bands and Moving Averages (which all support multiple instances of a study, and have a miriad of parameter settings).

Brokers currently supported include TD AMERITRADE, GAIN Capital, Hotspot, Interactive Brokers' TWS (others' posts: 1, 2, 3, 4), MB Trading, OANDA, optionsXpress, patsystems, FXCM, Transact, Trading Technologies, plus eSignal's Data and its own simulated trading engine.

For those who require more sophisticated tools, like Advanced Charts, traditional level 2, option chains, news, alerts, etc., the same brokers (as well as REDIPlus) are supported in eSignal :)

Let us know if you'd like additional information. There's several support options, including weekly webinars, email access (trading@quote.com), and our online forums, where you can get questions answered, or assistance with configuration.

Lastly, QuoteTrader is FREE, so there's no reason not to register and install it to see if can make a difference in your trading :)

Thanks,

Brent
    QuoteTrader Product Management
    Email: trading@quote.com
    Registration and download
    Online Video Demonstrations
    <object width="530" height="370"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/p/273E65C191D0A761"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/p/273E65C191D0A761" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="530" height="370"></embed></object>

#13     Nov 21, 2007
  4. RedDuke

RedDuke

Zenfire and Ninja is a great combination. However they have a major issue for Eurex (which is what I trade). The issue is that every trade that comes through has valume of 99. So if you just use time bars, it is perfect, but if volume bars are used or volume/T&S is needed it is not usable.

When I spoke with Mirus and Amp folks they both said that the issue is on Eurex end, there is something that they need to change.

#14     Nov 21, 2007
  5. Any suggestions on charting software to supplement IB and Button trader?

currently have Tradestation as back up and for charting, using QT with IB and on the fence with Ninja and Button trader...

If Ninja, charting should be sufficient, not sure about charting with Button trader.

Desire Trading from chart if possible, or alternative "show existing positions as in TS.

any advice greatly appreciated. Thank you.

#15     Nov 21, 2007
  6. fxpip

fxpip

Anybody using this software ?

#16     Nov 21, 2007
  7. Biz

Biz

Yes, I believe they actually had the option of connecting to the original Eurex feed that provides volume data, or to a newer data feed Eurex made available which is faster and more robust, but doesn't include volume data at this time (will provide it in the future).....Zen-Fire chose the more recent, faster data feed technology instead, but volume should be available soon...

#17     Nov 21, 2007
  8. TGM

TGM

For IB, the best game in town is Zerolinetrader for execution and Ensign for charting.

Try em for free and you shouldn't be disappointed.

#18     Nov 21, 2007
  9. Thank you TGM, I will give them a try.

#19     Nov 21, 2007
  10. 'manually placed orders'--. yes, but for example you can't combine an existing order into an OCO order: you will lose the queue.
    I look forward to see reply of your post 'OCO plugin and “Trade Out” question/issue' @ TT forum.

#20     Nov 21, 2007