which dell do u use?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by econometrics, Sep 30, 2008.

1. besides the precision line, what other models do you use? anyone using dell Inpirion, XPS series?

what do you recommend a buyer to particularly look for in deciding the dell models?

2. gnome

gnome

I also have an XPS and a Vostro.

If you want to save money, get one with a budget motherboard.... Vostro, Inspiron, Optiplex, Studio

If you want to run only 2 monitors, anything will be OK.

If you want to run 3 or more monitors, better to go with Precision or XPS.

3. Go with the precision. They are the business model and are perfect for trading. I use the 5400 and its great, I would not change. The 3400 are also fine.

I had dozen of computers in the last 15 years and I'm really impress with Dell.

4. My second computer is a Vostro witch I use for the internet, music etc. Not sure I would use it for my trading platform. I guess it depend on your budget.

5. Div_Arb

Div_Arb

I have a tricked out Inspiron 1525 and i love it. I have the 2.4 mhz dual core with 8gig RAM. Does anything with no problems.

6. 8 Gigs of RAM! WOW In an Inspirion? I didn't think you could put 8 in one. Does it all get recognized?

7. Tums

Tums

Can you post a screen shot of your Task Manager?

8. I have a Precision T3400 running on XP Pro with 4 Gigs of RAM. Love it!

I also have an old trusty Dimension 8300 as a "back-up" and Internet surfing computer.

9. gnome

gnome

FWIW... I replaced all of my D8300s... got $225 or $250 for each, depending upon how well equipped,... on Craigslist in Denver.