WHICH-Day Trading Stocks or Futures?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Spectra, Oct 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cd23

cd23

His net per trade is 107.14 (based upon dividing profitable trades into the capital profits over an unknown period of time); his risk per trade is 600 bucks.

I calced the risk reward to be 0.18 That is: 107.14 /600.

Were he trading for a year then the number of trades per day would approximate: 1680/240 = 7 trades a day or an average of 750 dollars a day. I calced 180,000/240.

Trading 6 contracts requires little capital and apparently the guy is not using an approach of compounding profits. It may be that the profits are being spent for various reasons..... non business reasons.

So far I haven't been able to figure out the risk management stuff. One market that is traded is YM. The % of total capital being applied is not known to me. It may be a low or high %.

If this is a business, then it has income from various services and products. This income would support the start up and then operating expenses at some point. If not it will go under. So far it looks like the trading as shown in the record synopsis is supporting the business since there is no application of trading profits to the capital being traded. This is not a good example to set if the sales portion of the business is ever going to use an announced track record. Reporting requirements will show all of this as time passes.

Then, perhaps, we will see when the operation is folded into a larger operation as and when it ripens into low hanging fruit. The current voice of the operation seems to be its greatest liability.

The baseline is there from which to beome competitive. It looks like the honeymoon is now over and its time to get to work.

Time to skip the losses incurred with the 10 dollar fee. Open the doors for business.

#21     Dec 1, 2007
  2. Wow... you must be regretting that there's a 30 minute limit on editing or deleting posts after that rant.

That was a bizarre post.

#22     Dec 1, 2007
  3. -It took Linda Rashke years to accept that. Yes, she is just another newbie trader-

wow ... I almost fell off my chair reading that one

:p

#23     Dec 1, 2007
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

OK, let's do the math. 2044 trades with 30K gains on 1 contract. (I really don't care about the 6 multiplier).

That is 14 points gains per contract per trade, or $70, not bad.

How many calls per day?

That is bad math, honey. 30000/2044=14.6 Why would you leave out the bad trades from the stats?

#24     Dec 2, 2007
  5. cd23

cd23

I spread the net profit over the winners only. Gross trades divided into net profits didn't work for me.

There are seven trades a day average as said by the math and as posted in another thread. It was also suggested by this poster that he makes money more in the am than the pm. He is unfamiliar with how the trading during the day differs (largely based on the settlement that occurs every day).

The risk for your 70 dollars is 100 dollars according to the postings. This is unusual in my opinion.

Do you have a guess as to what % of capital is being played?? Two employees are making 180,000 a year on their capital and they also have many memebers paying a monthly fee.

I was wondering what this operation would sell for.

#25     Dec 2, 2007
  6. Leaving out the losers would be pretty hard to do CD considering 70 people are in the room watching and then most check the record at night. Once I entered the wrong number in to the log and got a bunch of emails correcting me. I'm sure there'd be 20 posts on here too if that was happening. Of course you could just log in and monitor yourself but why waste your time.

Cajun - Co Admin

#26     Dec 2, 2007
  7. cd23

cd23

There are several reasons:

I do many more trades per day.

My win/loss ratio is higher.

I trade a more liquid market.

I trade a different (higher) number of contracts.

I cannot compare the capital since the amount of capital each of us uses is unknown.

Thank you for your comments.

#27     Dec 2, 2007
  8. Surdo

Surdo

Domain Name: PURETICK.COM
    Created on: 06-Oct-06
    Expires on: 06-Oct-08
    Last Updated on: 25-Sep-07

Not very optimistic there!

#28     Dec 2, 2007
  9. Surdo I'm so glad you care. :) The domain name auto renews/bills each year.

Your really reaching for any excuse not to work on your trading eh?

Caj

#29     Dec 2, 2007
  10. yea .. we're gone in oct

#30     Jul 14, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.