which datafeed with IB as broker?

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by CaroKann, Aug 2, 2002.

1. Hmm, somehow missed this thread a month go. I am a Nextrend/IB combination user. I moved from Realtick when I started trading the emini's and Q's. The charts are a bit more cumbersome on Nextrend but it serves my purposes well. I did run Realtick and Nextrend side by side for a while and there wasn't any noticeable difference in data speed. If anything, Realtick won by a hair. The deciding factor was the price, at 1/3 the cost of Realtick, and with my style of trading, the move to Nextrend was an easy decision.

#11     Sep 2, 2002
  2. toby400

toby400

#12     Sep 2, 2002
  3. I'm currently using Gr8t-Trade from the folks at Pro-Trader.

I hear that Real-Tic is excellent as well and offers the ability to execute options electronically. But for my needs, I am quite happy with Gr8t-Trade.

The boys up in Redmond, Washington at Innovative Trading set me up with a nice deal. Am very happy with their support, as well as from the techs at Pro-Trader.
    :)

#13     Sep 2, 2002
  4. Call me cynical but first 3 posts (in just 27mins) all praising Innovative & Protrader. Do you have any affiliation with Innovative or Protrader whatsoever, other than being a customer?
    Anyway, this thread's topic is about platforms used in conjunction with Interactive Brokers. Please lets keep at least one thread on topic.

#14     Sep 2, 2002
  5. But in answer to your question, "No".

I have no other affiliation with Innovative Trading aside from the fact that I am a customer.

I just got tired of seeing a bunch of "haters" in one of the Forums bash them for no good reason. Please excuse my digression.

However, I am very happy with Grt8-Trade!
    Peace.

#15     Sep 2, 2002
  6. Thanks:). I look forward to reading your future posts.

#16     Sep 2, 2002
  7. I think you forgot Tradestation which is why 'other' is so large.

#17     Sep 2, 2002
  8. I'm using Realtick for equity daytrades and IB for emini's and options, side-by-side, and it's been great -- especially if you have your broker rebate the cost of RT every month. :)

#18     Sep 3, 2002