Which datafeed do you use for Canadian Stocks?

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by 4XIS4U, Dec 12, 2007.

1. 4XIS4U

4XIS4U

I trade the Canadian stocks and was wondering which combination of datafeed and software you use...

I have IB for backfill but is painful.

2. painful how? slow?

3. 4XIS4U

4XIS4U

Hi CdnTrader... yes, it's slow if you're looking at multiple stocks... and it get stuck on the backfill as well... plus, I'm using QT and if I have IB as Historical Backfill sometimes I get huge data spikes (wrong data) -- intraday backfill is ok...

4. I use TD Waterhouse. I know, 7$ commissions are expensive, but I need the great customer service and easy access to my funds.

5. are you kidding? Haven't looked @ them in years but they used to be brain dead service wise, and all they had was that pos webroker .

6. Well, things have changed. You are correct about the previous service, but now they have a pretty good reliable direct access platform that they just started called Active Trader Plus. The Active Trader Plus customer service is excellent.

7. I use BMO and I pay $25.00 commision, I am new so I did not know, I thought commisions are all the same if I do not have at least a $100k on my acccount. Is it the same comm. if I only have $28k?

8. It depends on the number of transactions that you make, not how much money you have. Call the TD Waterhouse Active Trader desk at 1-866-247-1114. Just ask them how many transactions do you need to make to get the 7$ commission.

Hope this helps.

9. No one is mentioning Etrade Canada ??