Which data subscriptions are most useful?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by ggnn2020, Jul 24, 2020.

1. ggnn2020

ggnn2020

Hi, Elite Traders.

I'm currently a IB Pro user. I have the following monthly data subscribed:
    NASDAQ Global Index Data Service $3.5/mo
    US Equity and Options Add-On Streaming Bundle $4.5/mo
    US Securities Snapshot and Futures Value Bundle $10/mo

Are these the most useful subscriptions? Do I miss anything else? Thank you!

2. Depends on what financial instruments you want to trade.

murray t turtle likes this.
  3. %%
    His data looks fine for him;I use IBD newspapers some. I mainly use a spiral notebook, moving averages/closing prices/open/hi/low/volume/average day volume...…………………………………………………………….. And put comments there ; printed color charts are the most fun/help.

4. Well, for one, his subscription would not be sufficient if he wants to trade European equity (or anything else outside the US for that matter).

5. realtrades

realtrades

Add the CBOE option too since it's only $1 + it will get waived with only $5 in commissions a month.

6. ggnn2020

ggnn2020

Thank you! Subscribed. Would you mind sharing what this data cover in addition to what I have subscribed? :) Thank you!

7. ggnn2020

ggnn2020

Thanks for your answer. I'm mainly interested in US equity, option, and future, including pink sheet market. These subscriptions are hinted by TWS. So I'm unsure if they are sufficient or redundant (with overlapping, for example).

8. It is easy to determine if it is sufficient. In TWS you select the symbol that you are interested in. If you don't have a market data subscription for it TWS will inform you about this. It will give you the option to either get delayed data (for which no subscription is necessary), or it can bring you to the subscription manager to subscribe to whatever is necessary for this symbol of your interest.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
  9. realtrades

realtrades

This is what the site shows:
    Cboe One Add-On: real-time streaming quotes from the four Cboe US equity exchanges. Will replace the snap quotes provided under the basic US Securities Snapshot and Futures Value Bundle subscription and costs USD 1 per month.

10. ggnn2020

ggnn2020

Thank you! So CBOE's 4 exchanges' quotes under the basic US Securities Snapshot and Futures Value Bundle are not real-time streaming? Curious what else are not RT streaming in that bundle.

#10     Aug 17, 2020