which crypto wallet and why?

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by zghorner, Jul 20, 2021.

1. zghorner

zghorner

I am looking to start making some purchases using BTC and curious which wallet ET would recommend. Looking for something with good Security, fees, easy UI etc...

essentially do you just link an account to it and send cash equivalent of whatever goods you want, the wallet sends that amount in crypto to the seller?

2. Baron

Baron ET Founder

johnarb, ZBZB and zghorner like this.
  3. Girija

Girija

I went with coinbase and it does appear to be a rip off as transaction cost seems excessive. Consider that only as a last resort.

johnarb and zghorner like this.
  4. zghorner

zghorner

can you give some examples of the fees? is it a set amount or a % per transaction amount?

5. Girija

Girija

I hv been averaging into it. On a 1000 dollar purchase the trade cost is about 15 dollars. I haven't made any sell side transactions yet. You have to give your online bank password to an intermediary and that came as a surprise to me. The debt card transaction has a pretty low weekly limit. You get hit with insane rules once you open the account. If you won't be sending or transferring btc a wallet is not necessary. Reddit stands by robbinhood as the easiest mechanism if you don't want a wallet.

johnarb likes this.
  6. terr

terr

It's not a "wallet" you seem to be looking for, it is a crypto exchange.
    You deposit into Coinbase (using ACH) for free. Then you buy/sell crypto - here's the fee schedule https://help.coinbase.com/en/pro/trading-and-funding/trading-rules-and-fees/fees
    If you're small scale, basically 0.35%-0.5%. Which on a 10,000 transaction is $35-$50. Kinda ridiculous.

7. zghorner

zghorner

I am wanting to buy goods or items with btc. Not trade crypto.

8. Trader Curt

Trader Curt

Atomic wallet

johnarb and Snarkhund like this.
  9. Daal

Daal

Wallet of Satoshi, use it for buy things at Bitrefill.com or any website that accepts LN BTC

johnarb likes this.
  10. Snarkhund

Snarkhund

Yep. Built-in exchange and you get AWC cashback and can stake up that AWC for 20%.

More secure than an exchange account and less secure than a hardware or paper wallet. A good in-between solution.

#10     Jul 20, 2021
    Trader Curt likes this.