which CPU benchmark should I use?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by richardyu301, Feb 1, 2006.

1. http://www23.tomshardware.com/cpu.html

Many benchmarks there.... which one most resembles a real-life trading station???

Maybe each one's trading machine is different. So let's say it has below things running at the same time:
    - 8 monitors
    - eSignal
    - IB
    - Ninjatrader
    - TS

2. My recommendation would be to go for a dual core CPU and my preference would be for an Athlon. If you are running multiple applications at the same time the dual core should have real benefits.

You're not going to get anything meaningful from these benchmarks other than CPUs that are somewhere near the top of the list will be faster than those at the bottom of the list. The only way to draw any useful conclusions would be to run all your apps in some sort of controlled environment on various CPUs, which would hardly be time effective.

Also buying the top model CPU is hardly ever cost effective as the incremental performance increase over the middle of the range is not very great.

3. I just ran benchmark, here are the results. The gpu score is low for gaming but i am not a gamer. I run 2, 4k, 40" monitors, same as 8x 1080p.
    www.userbenchmark.com
    UserBenchmarks:
    CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1275 V2 - 74.4%
    GPU: Nvidia Quadro K420 - 5.1%
    SSD: Sandisk PLUS 240 GB 240GB - 392.3%
    RAM: Hynix HMT351U7CFR8C-PB Samsung M391B5273DH0-CK0 8GB - 57.7%
    MBD: Lenovo

4. Wow, at people replying to post like 12-13 years old. So many things have changed and we even not sure if he is still running on his setup or so anyway. But for that I have used simply that trading software to make real life trading situation completely.