Which Country Punishes Productive People the Most?

Discussion in 'Taxes and Accounting' started by Banjo, Feb 25, 2017.

1. vanzandt

vanzandt

I wish I'd bought it!
    JR.... buy all the waterfront you can afford. Trust me on this one. It never fails.

#41     Feb 28, 2017
  2. vanzandt

vanzandt

Edit: what's "woop woop"?
    I don't care if that's Aussie for ghetto.... waterfront's waterfront.

#42     Feb 28, 2017
  3. JackRab

JackRab

4. vanzandt

vanzandt

#44     Feb 28, 2017
  5. JackRab

JackRab

What about the rising sea level? And again... it's in woop woop... it will take me 10 hours to get there... and it's 3 hours away from Melbourne. That's too far away from anything mate, I need to be able to get to a decent city within 2 hours.

Or get my heli-licence...

#45     Feb 28, 2017
  6. vanzandt

vanzandt

Ya flip it ya silly Kangaroo!

#46     Feb 28, 2017
  7. JackRab

JackRab

Hmm... I'm not buying into the whole Australian property investing craze... and I doubt there's much interest in woop woop.

I've got my house, which is more than enough for me. I might buy another apartment in Sydney when that comes down in a few years.

PS. I think we're screwing up this thread @vanzandt, sorry @Banjo

#47     Feb 28, 2017
  8. vanzandt

vanzandt

You will NEVER lose money buying oceanfront land that can be built on. I don't care where it is.
    3 years from now this "woop woop" will be going for AT LEAST double that 45K. An apartment in Sidney will appreciate like the S&P at best. Perhaps a bit more. Or... it could tank if you buy it at a peak like Dealmaker is posting regarding SF real-estate.

Trust me.... Oceanfront is better than gold.

#48     Feb 28, 2017
  9. luisHK

luisHK

Thanks Jack, same website I checked but not exactly the same page, the visa below seems to be still open to new applicants, the part about needing to be invited at first looks like an issue but it seems one can just apply for an invitation, no idea invitations are hard to get.

Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) visa (subclass 188)

#49     Mar 1, 2017
  10. luisHK

luisHK

Quebec sure has a good reputation among french, but top destination for french millionaires should be UK, Belgium, Switzerland and Israel, Netanyahu created quite an uproar in a recent visit to Paris after a bunch of people were killed in a kosher supermarket inviting all french jews to move to israel, I can understand them leaving .
    Canada as well as Australia used to get lots of chinese immigrants, I read that canada made the process more difficult or completely cancelled the investor program so not sure who is moving there right now.

#50     Mar 1, 2017