Which country do you think is a police state?China?UK? Think Again.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MohdSalleh, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Bob111

Bob111

you forgot the lawyer..there is probably more lawyers in this country than any employees in any normal(productive) business

#11     Jul 23, 2010
  2. I don't generally find your posts to be objectionable, but this one bothers me. I wasn't born in the US and was a naturalized citizen, but I absolutely LOVE the concept of innocent until proven guilty and the safeguards they came up with in this country. It's not perfect. If we resorted to 5 cent bullet treatments, it would destroy what makes this country great.

Truth is, I love the principles on which the US was founded. I don't love the current implementation, but God forbid we start importing Chinese concepts of justice and government control. This is the last place on earth where a solid fight against tyranny can even occur, so please think before you spread the idea that we would be better off adopting a Chinese form of anything.

#12     Jul 23, 2010
  3. I didn't say anything about "before proven guilty"... We are about to start suffering health care "rationing"... other forms of "resource conservation" have their appeals.

America does too much coddling and rewarding those who are lazy, make bad decisions, commit crimes.... all at the expense of self-supporting, productive, law-abiding citizens.

#13     Jul 23, 2010
  4. Retief

Retief

What percentage of the prison population comprises illegal aliens?

Source: http://archive.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2006/3/27/114208.shtml

#14     Jul 23, 2010
  5. olias

olias

+1

#15     Jul 23, 2010
  6. Me too. Sad shame that disregard for so many of them has become ingrained in our society. . :mad:

#16     Jul 23, 2010
  7. #17     Jul 23, 2010
  8. Even the Economist is turning into a gutter rag.

#18     Jul 23, 2010
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

BINGO!

#19     Jul 23, 2010
  10. LEAPup

LEAPup

Agreed!

#20     Jul 23, 2010