Which chest exercise do you think is better: bench press or chest dips?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Frederick Foresight, Jul 16, 2019.

Which chest exercise do you think is better: bench press or chest dips?

1. Bench press

2. Dips

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Please share your thoughts.

I ask because I've read a number of articles that suggest dips are better. Not that it needs to be a mutually exclusive thing by any means. Although I have pretty much always done them, for the last several years, I have favored dips. Therefore they are my first chest exercise.

2. speedo

speedo

I let my old joints do the talking and my shoulders prefer presses.

3. That's interesting. Because my own shoulder joints voted for dips. Bench press used to be my ego exercise back in the day, before I f'ed them up with body English, trying to eke out an extra rep or two at the end of a set.

Too soon old, too late smart.

4. speedo

speedo

Runners World had a contributor by the name of George Sheehan. George was a cardiologist and avid runner and philosopher....he used to say "We are each an experiment of one." Moral...learn to listen to your own body, it will tell you what you can or can't, should or shouldn't do.

5. do both

6. That's fine, but that doesn't answer the question. Which do you prefer?

7. They're equivalent , depends on which one is more effective for you. I do dips on rings to break things up. Haven't given up on press or push ups.

8. Okay, and which of the two do you, personally, regard as being more effective?

9. Dip work more on triceps

10. #10     Jul 16, 2019