Which charting software do you use?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by littletwig, Jun 15, 2007.

Which charting sofware do you use?

1. AIQ Trading Expert Pro

3 vote(s)
    2.3%
  2. Amibroker

15 vote(s)
    11.6%
  3. DTN ProphetX

2 vote(s)
    1.6%
  4. Ensign Windows

21 vote(s)
    16.3%
  5. ESignal

20 vote(s)
    15.5%
  6. Investor RT

2 vote(s)
    1.6%
  7. Neoticker

7 vote(s)
    5.4%
  8. Quotetracker

27 vote(s)
    20.9%
  9. Sierra Chart

11 vote(s)
    8.5%
  10. Tradestation

18 vote(s)
    14.0%
  11. Multi Charts

3 vote(s)
    2.3%
  1. :)

Depending on the criteria used to draw the lines, Quotetracker may be able to do it.

Do you want to share that info or is it too private? :eek:

JJ

#21     Jul 4, 2007
  2. lol, that wacky tom.

#22     Jul 4, 2007
  3. jho

jho

Haha yeah, it's mission impossible top secret, can't divulge that info.

But seriously, say the previous days high, low, open or close. I know you can manually draw the lines in, but I would like to program it. As far as I know it can't be done with QT or the paint bars.

Thank you.

#23     Jul 4, 2007
  4. OHLC and various other lines can be automatically generated by quotetracker.

#24     Jul 4, 2007
  5. maybe you are looking for smth else than what i think you are looking for but just to double check...this is not what you are looking for?:

right click on an intraday chart, then "select indicators" and then add 4 "horiz line" and configure them as "previous high", "previous low", "previous open" and "previous close".

sorry to have underestimated your knowledge if you knew this already.

#25     Jul 4, 2007
  6. mde2004

mde2004

Wrong, you should do some dd before you open your lips.

#26     Jul 4, 2007
  7. jho

jho

Thanks guys, and no you haven't at all, apparently I'm blind.

For some reason QQQQ is showing a previous close of 48.31 (For Jul. 2) Hmm. Open seems fine though.

#27     Jul 4, 2007
  8. Ensign has fantastic drawing tools (construct pesavento stuff with fibs and gartleys and things). SierraChart has caught up a long way in that space but Howard's a tool freak :)

Sierrachart has more logical data storage (one per symbol) so its easier to change times etc. Sierrachart has two programing options (spreadsheets or custom studies (creates compiled dlls)) which are faster than ensigns espl. Sierrachart has a better market profile.

I gave up Ensign because the extra drawing tools were cool but didn't relate to my trading. Also I found rollover times difficult because of the ensign data structures.

#28     Jul 4, 2007