Which Caribbean Island to move to

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by veritas007, Jan 6, 2008.

1. Why would you expect to find all of that in an area filled with decendants of west african slaves?

Forget low crime, forget nice places to eat unless its for tourist, forget good looking women unless you expect to have the occasional fling with a tourist.

I won't even mention Hurricanes.

John

#11     Jan 6, 2008
  2. Aruba.

erie

#12     Jan 6, 2008
  3. Hurricanes? Florida must stink to you also? Come on, it's paradise.:D

#13     Jan 6, 2008
  4. Surdo

Surdo

I guess you never been outside the walls of an ALL INCLUSIVE resort.

#14     Jan 6, 2008
  5. ggoyal

ggoyal

all that is nice, but first of all, do you know how to trade?

Is your trading going to pay all the bills? or have you set aside some money to do that.

First trade from here if you are not consistently profitable. then when you able to make 400-500 bucks average a day, you should do what you want.

#15     Jan 6, 2008
  6. Right, but that also makes St. John MUCH more expensive than St. Thomas real estate wise. I always get the impression it's more of a rich old man's enclave (but without the touristy draws of Virgin Gorda). I much prefer the British islands. If you're going to move to the Caribbean, you might as well get out of US territory.

#16     Jan 6, 2008
  7. Although not an island, how about Costa Rica. Safe, ladies from all over, etc?:D

#17     Jan 6, 2008
  8. lindq

lindq

I've sailed the inlands for years. But if I was to move full time, it would be to Puerto Rico. 20 mins to the USVI and BVI, but large and varied enough that you won't get island fever. Good air service to the mainland, and some beautiful beach areas, resorts and affordable ocean views.

Other islands, such as St. John and St. Barts are great for a visit, but not to live. Much too small and isolated.

#18     Jan 6, 2008
  9. If you want anything close to civilization in the Caribbean, I have to say Puerto Rico.

Anek

#19     Jan 6, 2008
  10. ggoyal

ggoyal

do you even know how to be consistently profitable?

#20     Jan 6, 2008