Which came first? The chicken or the egg?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, May 26, 2006.

So which came first?

1. The Chicken

20 vote(s)
    74.1%
  2. The Chicken Egg

7 vote(s)
    25.9%
  1. It was not directed at you, therefore it was not a personal attack.

Your comments were/are....

#51     May 29, 2006
  2. Bunch of Bickerin' B!tches.

#52     May 29, 2006
  3. Atypical FAITH lesson -for both sides of the Godly vs. Mother Earth - fence.

QUOTE]Quote from optionpro007:

The only way for a chicken to come before an egg is if something else created it, full with a reproductive system and everything.

That is highly unlikely.
    [/QUOTE]

#53     May 29, 2006
  4. Ricter

Ricter

Doesn't need to be a personal attack, it was "to the man". You started it.

#54     May 29, 2006
  5. Ricter

Ricter

[/QUOTE]

Faith is beside the point. Maybe God is causing mutated offspring. They happen.

#55     May 29, 2006
  6. IMO - This issue is all about having a faith - one or the other that is.
    "if something else created it, full with a reproductive system and everything." then you posses the faith that God engineered all that tidy inner-workings and creation.

If the egg was first the ole Muther Earth and that incredibly opportunistic and coincidental evolution faith path is your guide.

Take faith to believe GOD did / does ANYTHING. IMO it takes jsut as much ( or more IMO) to believe the coincidential route - as there are many hungry things 'round that like to eat your "little precious".

Faith is beside the point. Maybe God is causing mutated offspring. They happen. [/B][/QUOTE]

#56     May 29, 2006
  7. flamin'? u started it, if u don't like it skip my posts.

back to the egg-chicken paradox:

u said eggs come from chickens, then there must be a beginnin' in this birth cycle...where does the first chicken come from? dont u agree it surely evolved from another bird [well before it became domesticated] and where does this bird come from? u see we go back to my theory of fishes [it is not mine by the way] sure it might be an evolutionary process, all the way from layin' eggs creatures but there is still a possibility that some animals developed to procreate that way

#57     May 29, 2006
  8. Ricter

Ricter

[/B][/QUOTE]

I agree, but it's not the pertinent issue imho. Mutation is the point. A mutant offspring does not change the structure of the parent.

#58     May 29, 2006
  9. Doh!

My comments went to grotesque mutants, not to "the man."

Those grotesque mutants were not described as humans by me....

If fact, it was you who introduced the concept of grotesque mutant chickens....so my comments may have been about grotesque mutant chickens, or grotesque mutant dogs, or grotesque mutant fish, etc.....but they were not specified as grotesque mutant human beings.

When you suggested I looked in the mirror and saw a grotesque mutant, then it went to the man, i.e. ad homen attack, a personal attack by you toward me.

My comments were not ad hominem in a technical sense, nor were they directed at the opponent in the opponents presentation of a logical argument as a personal attack or as a means to belittle the person offering an argument.

#59     May 29, 2006
  10. Ricter

Ricter

Don't be obtuse. You were going for the laugh, and calling some Southern Californians "grotesque mutants". It's right there in your post. I don't care about the "technical" sense in this case, you're merely attempting to use it to squirm out of this. If you hadn't built up so much animosity towards yourself on this board maybe someone would have laughed.

People don't so much lose arguments to you, Z, as they simply can never win. You're remedial.

#60     May 29, 2006