Which brokers offering X-Charts or CQG platforms?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by zz, Jul 16, 2006.

1. XStudy will be a standard part of XTrader 7 and apparently will not be a part of the new XTrader "Lite" that should be out by the end of the year. So if you have XTrader 7 then you will get the XStudy with the platform.

No Velocity does not have XTrader 7 yet for customers (I think they have some beta testers now).

XStudy has not been official re-released yet (it is having bugs worked out).

#11     Jul 22, 2006
  2. i think 5pillars is a broker at vcap futures or is getting paid by them. This guy is an auto response for anyone asking for a demo/TT/or ninja.

#12     Jul 22, 2006
  3. So I guess the postings where I recommended Velocity Futures does not count! :D

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

5Pillars

06-23-06 08:59 AM

Velocity Futures has a data center in Chicago where you can place a server based automated strategy with XTrader. The connection there is exceptional and they have some good rates.

I am sure you could find several other Chicago based brokers with data centers there if you need the speed.

:)

Btw, Mark at Velocity has always been good to deal with from my past experience....no complaints there!

#13     Jul 22, 2006
  4. Hi 5pillars. What do you mean Xstudy will be avaible with a new release of TT...I have Xstudy now and know of a few shops that have it. it comes free with any shop using 7x.

#14     Jul 24, 2006

5. Wow....who do you have it through (several brokers I have talked to lately can't get me 7 with the XStudy turned on yet???)

I am still waiting for a reply from Advantage after I talked to some of their personnel that were in Houston last week.....please let me know who you have XStudy through....THANKS!

#15     Jul 24, 2006
  6. I trade with several other former floor trades in a LLP. we collectivelely have several seats at many exchanges and formed our own clearing shop. it's a closed group and we only manage our own funds.

that being said, we get XT 7 with charts (X_Study) direct from TT. we're not exclusive and have some other ISV's as well but the majority of traders here use XT. quite a few people at TT are from the CME / CBOT pits and we have contacts there. IM me with any specfic questions and I'll see what I can do for you.

#16     Jul 24, 2006
  7. AHHH....now I know how you are getting it.....now this make sense.

Now a broker (just got off the phone) said that they can get it for me, even though they are not really offering it to new clients yet (they say TT is working out some bugs prior to a re-release). They are giving it to me as a "beta" version until the official nod from TT.

#17     Jul 24, 2006
  8. Thanks for the info. I have heard NT/Zen is fast but had some little quirks..but this was a little while back and probably cleared up. I'm interested in XT7 for the obvious reason of not having to have a seperate chart app, but also because I like the idea of their architecture (using the same execution price feed in the chart).

#18     Jul 24, 2006
  9. Thanks for the info. I have heard NT/Zen is fast but had some little quirks..but this was a little while back and probably cleared up. I'm interested in XT7 for the obvious reason of not having to have a seperate chart app, but also because I like the idea of their architecture (using the same execution price feed in the chart).

#19     Jul 24, 2006
  10. I might be wrong, but I don't think so. He's posted plenty of other info without much mention of brokers unless someone asks.

btw, sorry for the double post earlier.

#20     Jul 24, 2006