which brokerage i choose for stock and forex trading?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by TradeTune, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Hi,

Good days members. It's my first post and sorry if similar question has been asked before, but couldn't be specific to my need.

I used to trade 15 years ago. those brokers aren't around anymore. I like to trade cash
    ( no margin) and invest not more than 20K-40K at most and looking to hold for a year or two & hold like 10 different company stocks, so i won't be active trading for the beginning.

But i prefer to have platforms that caters to be long-term investors and active traders, with fairly good tools having some bells and whistles, as i like to do little more frequent trades in near future, so i get myself filmier to what technologies out there to active traders.
    Advises will be highly appreciated. God bless and stay safe from coronavirus.

2. zdreg

zdreg

With your time line do your own research.

JesseJamesFinn1 likes this.
  3. why ? That's not very helpful answer and doesn't leave a good impression on this forum :(

4. Have you considered different brokers for these different styles? For long-term hold, I'd just go Vanguard. For more active, take a look at the brokerages advertising on this forum, they're all good.

5. We don't know which bells and whistles are needed by you, and which ones you don't care about. Just search for the larger names (e.g. see the bottom of the page, having black background) and see for yourself.

6. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

7. I'm considering interactive brokers, i just download their platform, and i like it.

Is there any downside with interactive brokers, like execution, connectivity availability, restrictions to small accounts, lagging charts , ,, etc ?

8. Walshdil

Walshdil

I've been using ThinkOrSwim for about 4 years. I trade full time. Only a couple issues in the past but support always made things right. You can easily have a cash account for stocks w/o margin, and the platform also offers Forex.

9. shfly

shfly

I’ve used IB for almost 8 years. Rock solid. Their charting, for me, was cumbersome, using Medvedtrader.com. Lots of others also, look at 3rd party on IB’s site. Should all be listed there, I believe.

(ToS/Ameritrade is being bought out by Schwab, e*Trade by Morgan Stanley, so who knows what the end game is of those platforms.)

10. IB What are their strongest points compare to other brokers ?

#10     Mar 28, 2020