which broker offers the best rates

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by cassidpp, Mar 20, 2007.

1. If you are just starting with limited capital I would try Just2Trade, they offer stock trades at $2.5 a trade or $2 if you have an account size of 50k or more. You will need a charting platform though such as Quotetracker and use Just2Trade data to feed it, you can also execute trades via QT. I have been a customer of Just2Trade for a few months and their customer support via phone is very good for such a discount broker. They have the lowest margin rates in the industry and offer about 4.25% on the money market account.

Sorry, missed the intention of the poster, Just2Trade do have an API platform but never used it to automate trades.

#11     Sep 15, 2007
    #12     Sep 15, 2007
  3. especially with automated systems, make sure you choose a firm with some support as well. Commissions are important, but one problem can cost you a lot of money if there is not support.

From what i read, Global Futures sounds cheapest, if comm is all you're concerned with, but i don't like the monthly fee. If you're volume is above 1000 rts/month, velocity offers better rates. I wouldn't recommend IB.

Glad to hear you're not pushing the $300/contract margin, that's insane.

#13     Oct 10, 2007