which broker offers the best rates

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by cassidpp, Mar 20, 2007.

1. cassidpp

cassidpp

Hi There,

I'm just getting into the whole automated trading thing and I wanted to know which broker offers the lowest commission rate.

I ain't starting off with a fortune in the bank and intend to make profits from the quantity of trades rather than a high profit/trade.
    So obviously i need to select a broker whose fees are low per trade.

Any suggestions?

P.

2. karim111

karim111

check for interactive broker they give good rate

K

3. Cy_M

Cy_M

Absolutely not, IB gives you the exact same future rates as Tradestation which is by far better in their platform, charting etc. but, in any case they are both expensive and are for retail. Look to get about $1.60 ALL inclusive per side for minis. There are a few firms that do that.
    The above poster is an IB spammer, with just 1 post to his name!!! They are an insult to the intelligence of the members here and IB should not allow such unethical propaganda practices. Additionally, apparently IB has the worst customer service but has a very good range of markets and a global account that I don't think any of them would be of interest to you.

4. Cy_M

Cy_M

5. I am not an Ib Spammer and will tell you that for Stocks IB offers the best rates that I have seen . Mb Trading is also very good if you use Plan C which is $ 4.95 a trade but this plan routes trades only to certain market pools. Still the fills are fast and good .
    I trade with both brokers . Mb is more user friendly, IB is better for commissions.

6. rosy2

rosy2

7. karim111

karim111

wow Cy_M did you take your pills ? think your are to much paranoid, I just try to help here

K

8. man

man

now he is spamming for pills.

once these guys get going ...

9. Cy_M

Cy_M

Don't be so ridiculous and obvious, you register your account on the same day you respond to this post and then dedicate your very first and the second post to this thread and you expect us to fall for such cheap tricks?
    It is unfortunate that IB has dropped to this low level of negative advertising.
    Like I said, I do not take it lightly when IB ridicules the members here by underestimating their intelligence.
    Karim, nothing personal, I know you are just doing your job under orders from IB but, IB's desperation to get more clients to boost their stocks is an insult at the least.

10. jonlebon

jonlebon

Tradestation is without doubt the most confusing and badly designed interface out there. This thing stinks!

#10     Sep 14, 2007