which broker has fastest quotefeed?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by DataCruncher, Jan 30, 2008.

1. I googled Zen Fire but couldn't find a direct source to sign up for their data feed. Can you tell us where to get access for Zen Fire and how much it costs (e.g. for the Mini Dow)? Thanks

#11     Jan 31, 2008
  2. eSignal is a piece of crap - almost always behind even my IB data as viewed in Button Trader. Add to that intermittent servers, frequent need to reset, overpriced data and perhaps the worst customer service in the trading industry. In particular their responsiveness on the CS side is just abominable. Try to get through to them in the middle of a trading day if you have a problem. And guess what? No 1-800 number - you can go to hell and pay for the call yourself.

On the other hand, CQG was very very good when I was using it. You get what you pay for... except if you're an eSignal customer.

#12     Jan 31, 2008
  3. opm, so through Transact you get your futures intraday data, but not intraday stocks, is that right? And you feed your Ensign s/w with that datafeed? Obviously you have a brokerage acct. with Transact - do you have that open just for the data?

If this is correct, was it fairly seamless to set up Ensign so that it would take your Transact data feed?

Do you get your intraday stock data elsewhere or do you not trade off of it?

#13     Jan 31, 2008
  4. Big AAPL

Big AAPL

That's probably because I believe it is a dedicated provider, for the most part, to Ninja Trader. Try Googling that.

#14     Jan 31, 2008
  5. jd7419

jd7419

Prince,

Mirus futures and Amp futures offer it. A few others probably do as well.

#15     Jan 31, 2008
  6. Mirus is the firm I have used for several years. Couldn't be happier with the service and depth of knowledge available there. I've referred several colleagues to them and all are quite pleased.

M

#16     Jan 31, 2008
  7. You probably already know this, but just in case, you can use the IB data with various 3rd party charting applications, like Ensign, Sierra, etc.

OldTrader

#17     Jan 31, 2008
  8. opm8

opm8

TraderNik,

Yes, I get my futures intraday data from TransAct, but not stocks, which I don't trade. However, you can get all end of day stocks as well as Forex for free. Ensign has a very good backfill capability -- check out the list at the bottom of this page http://ensign.editme.com/order

Yes, I have a brokerage account w/TransAct which I specifically chose for the combination of free data, stability, and low commissions.

In Ensign it's very easy to set up any data feed. On top of the forex and TransAct feeds you can actually add a third, like Esignal, for example and they'll all work together in real time. Anyway, they have a free trial so try it out. Also, they haven't raised prices in all the years I've been with them - $39.99 a month.

opm8

#18     Jan 31, 2008
  9. thanks opm. I need to make the switch from eSignal. Just trying to figure out the best way to go.

OldTrader, thanks. Yes, I knew I could import IB data into those 3rd party apps.

#19     Jan 31, 2008
  10. Zen Fire and this Ninja 6.5 combo is the best out there and that includes TT as a competitor.

The guys at Mirus/Dorman allow me to trade my auto systems plus manual trade and even allow we to give up the trades on one account to another FCM that I have as a managed account.

Pat and his crew over there will do whatever is needed to get the job done and have delivered and made my trading infrastructure and quotes and data a one stop shop.

Best in the business for what they do. I traded at Fimat and ML previously and these guys are better and allow me to run a profession operation on 50% less overhead. More dimes in the pocket and less problems means good times and better over balance...that go right to my bottom line.

PM me is you need any more help finding the best brokers around....

JG.

#20     Jan 31, 2008