which broker allow realtime internal account transfers?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by qll, Jun 16, 2006.

1. qll

qll

i need to transfer stocks between a margin accout and a cash account, mainly to take shares off the table from shorts.

i hope there is a broker can allow real time transfers. it seems most requires some kinds of faxed, signed forms for internal transfers. if the accounts can be linked, then that is the best.

2. In Retail Spot Forex, Oanda allows you to transfer between as many subaccounts as you wish....with a few clicks of the mouse.

3. alanm

alanm

Stocks, not Forex.

It's unlikely that this would make any difference in short availability unless you know that all the other holders of the shares are also holding their positions in this way. I've been a trader in some very small stocks, being on the other side of the majority of trades on some days, and still there were hundreds of large holders that I couldn't come close to finding out the identities of, much less getting them to co-operate.

You're paying too much attention to the OSTK dork and others of his kind, who give short-sellers way more credit than they're due.