Which brand of computer?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bellman, May 12, 2009.

1. I've used black background, cyan chart bars for years..

White background seems likely to cause eye strain... white background w/black bars is preferred for printing, however. (Most software will allow you to "invert" the background/display for printing purposes, however.)

#11     May 13, 2009
  2. Charlie

Charlie

Thanks Scataphagos,
    I ordered a T3400 from their outlet site and not only was it cheaper, I had it set up and trading within 48 HOURS after placing the order!! Thanks for you advise!

Charlie

#12     May 15, 2009
  3. Mark2m

Mark2m

Buy two computers, it doesn't matter what speed, your data will only bog down the system. Yes you can add more memory, yes faster video card but in the long run two computers will be better and less problem backing up.
    I am in the process of building my second trading computer, due to obsolescence, and presently running 4 monitors on one computer and with 4 IB accounts, 2 MB accounts, real time charting package, I can only trade equities. I know adding futures will bog down this system, (experience) and remember the day's when the future markets would go haywire with Greenspan speak.
    You will be a believer when you are scalping, or in the process of adding stops when the system shuts down. If you trade 4 figures than yes be cheap about it.

#13     May 17, 2009