Which books should you read if you want to learn trading?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by andy_p, Oct 21, 2017.

1. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

Wow. You would think that a site dedicated to people making their own way in the financial markets would encourage sourcing knowledge from everywhere. Warren buffet credits much of his success to the fact he reads many books a year. many other quite successful people are known to be avid readers. Most of the.

You cannot lose when you open a book. Ignorance is the enemy of a trader and thing about ignorance is that if you are ignorant, you will never know it.

#51     Oct 28, 2017
    Gambit, speedo and 777 like this.
  2. speedo

speedo

“The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read.”
    ― Mark Twain

#52     Oct 28, 2017
  3. 777

Ok ok ok

No one should read

Everyone is a poser

Certainly don't listen to knowledgeable posters

Everyone stop reading right now

Just stop it

No more reading, anyone

#53     Oct 28, 2017
    Cswim63 likes this.
  4. Cswim63

Cswim63

I would add Ed Seykota's Trading Tribe, and his website, especially the FAQ's.

#54     Oct 28, 2017
  5. Vanrijnr1

Vanrijnr1

I don't remember what all I read... I do remember I enjoyed the story books... Stock Market Wizards, Market Wizards, etc.
    Also I recommend the series by Adrienne Laris Toghraie, Trading on target. You can know all you wanna know, but if you don't understand your psyche you'll be a great analyst and not a trader

#55     Nov 26, 2017
    murray t turtle likes this.
  6. Vanrijnr1

Vanrijnr1

#56     Nov 26, 2017
  7. spindr0

spindr0

I think that with a list of books that long, he might benefit from a link to The Dewey Decimal Classification System. It's a shame that my Google is broken otherwise I'd help. :D

#57     Dec 31, 2017
    murray t turtle and Xela like this.
  8. MacR

MacR

Being one that reads, watches and researches what others state. I do not to post a great deal yet, the benefits are substantial. If it were not for the knowledge gained in reading and studying, I would not have what gained what the man has blessed me with. Earlier I inquired on a particular book to study and was met with positive suggestions. My quietness would be greater if met with many negative posts.

I should not, yet will embarrassingly admit I continue to feel earlier life would have been more productive if quality attention to lectures and notes in economics were foremost on my mind rather; than paying attention to the female next to me. "No rude intentions to any female, as I was at fault.

Regarding the subject of financial gain in mind for those that write a book. Many future minds would be affected when a book is not written. Wrath may be on me when I think of a different a different method and author, Benjamin Graham, comes to mind.

#58     Jul 12, 2023
  9. %%
    Good ;
    + fun. Re\readin' Jack + Jill/
    went Up the hill LOL:D:D

#59     Jul 14, 2023
    oraclewizard77 likes this.
  10. The Power of Positive Thinking Paperback – March 12, 2003
    by Dr. Norman Vincent Peale (Author)
    4.6 4.6 out of 5 stars 17,959 ratings
    4.2 on Goodreads
    105,883 ratings

See all formats and editions

There is a newer edition of this item:
    [​IMG]
    The Power of Positive Thinking
    $15.99
    (17,959)
    In Stock.

An international bestseller with over five million copies in print, The Power of Positive Thinking has helped men and women around the world to achieve fulfillment in their lives through Dr. Norman Vincent Peale’s powerful message of faith and inspiration.

#60     Aug 3, 2023
    murray t turtle likes this.