Which books should you read if you want to learn trading?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by andy_p, Oct 21, 2017.

1. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

Wow. You would think that a site dedicated to people making their own way in the financial markets would encourage sourcing knowledge from everywhere. Warren buffet credits much of his success to the fact he reads many books a year. many other quite successful people are known to be avid readers. Most of the.

You cannot lose when you open a book. Ignorance is the enemy of a trader and thing about ignorance is that if you are ignorant, you will never know it.

#51     Oct 28, 2017
    Gambit, speedo and 777 like this.
  2. speedo

speedo

“The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read.”
    ― Mark Twain

#52     Oct 28, 2017
    ValueNGrowth, 777 and newwurldmn like this.
  3. 777

Ok ok ok

No one should read

Everyone is a poser

Certainly don't listen to knowledgeable posters

Everyone stop reading right now

Just stop it

No more reading, anyone

#53     Oct 28, 2017
    Cswim63 likes this.
  4. Cswim63

Cswim63

I would add Ed Seykota's Trading Tribe, and his website, especially the FAQ's.

#54     Oct 28, 2017
  5. Vanrijnr1

Vanrijnr1

I don't remember what all I read... I do remember I enjoyed the story books... Stock Market Wizards, Market Wizards, etc.
    Also I recommend the series by Adrienne Laris Toghraie, Trading on target. You can know all you wanna know, but if you don't understand your psyche you'll be a great analyst and not a trader

#55     Nov 26, 2017
  6. Vanrijnr1

Vanrijnr1

#56     Nov 26, 2017
  7. spindr0

spindr0

I think that with a list of books that long, he might benefit from a link to The Dewey Decimal Classification System. It's a shame that my Google is broken otherwise I'd help. :D

#57     Dec 31, 2017
    Xela likes this.