*Which bank will be the next to fail....!! (Findout inside) ;)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by spanish89, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Funny, but obviously the wrong thesis. I still suggest shooting uncle ben an e-mail with your theory.

The real reason is leverage. Now, they didn't know they were leveraging themselves when they bought these securities, but then when they brought them onto the balance sheet, they realized they were screwed.

It's all leverage. You can look at the debt to equity ratio, and see that it was astronomical. Fortune's thesis is a much more valid one.

The theory goes, the compensation is geared toward overleveraging a small scalp into big profits. This led them to overleverage themselves on what was perceived to be "easy money." Any company allowing itself to have debt/equity ratios above 1 are getting what they had coming to them. That's a very simple way of explaining it, though certainly not as entertaining as a wimpy name.

#11     Sep 16, 2008
  2. So if you call yourself Virgin does that mean you're NOT screwed ?

uncle fester

#12     Sep 16, 2008

3. LOL

Mate, check my journal on here, been posting direct screenshots even just to prove no fiddling teh numbers going on, and ive been hitting an average of around 300 ticks per day for months n months now!! :D :D

I trade oil though, unlike wimps like you who horse around with fractional %s, i went straight to the big money, oil! :D :p :cool:

To be honest i dont actually give a fuk if my theory did actually somehow emerge to be true, as i just dont trade equities, so it would have zero affect on me... lol

But its just fun to post stuff like this to see sad little men like you get so hot an bothered about wht someone posts on a fuking chat forum!! HAHAHA :D :D :D

#13     Sep 16, 2008
  4. Bond

Bond

Even Bank of Chuck Norris would fail in this market

#14     Sep 16, 2008
  5. bkveen3

bkveen3

Lies all Lies. If you knew anything you would know that the FED won't let there be a "Bank of Chuck Norris" because it would take over the job of the FED and eventually the world.

#15     Sep 16, 2008
  6. Bond

Bond

and there are no withdrawals at the Bank of Chuck Norris, only deposits, and everyone is happy to oblige

#16     Sep 17, 2008
  7. JA_LDP

JA_LDP

Douche Bank

#17     Sep 17, 2008
  8. funny thread :p

#18     Sep 18, 2008
  9. euclid

euclid

Northern Rock?

#19     Sep 18, 2008
  10. i have an account there. they're germans...:D