Which analysts do you trust, if any?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Cuddles, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Cuddles

Cuddles

Seems like google news is filled w/armchair traders (aka wannabe journalists) blogging for profit and making nothing more than noise.

Do you have a trusted source that historically get it right? I guess I'm beginning to realize that nothing beats doing your own homework.

2. Nary a one!
    Best advice, is to collect opinions from at least 7, then trade opposite the majority opinions!

Pardon my negative bias, but working on Taxes, and needed to vent!

tommcginnis likes this.
  3. Analysts are useless -- only in this industry can you get paid to spit out mumbo jumbo nonsense.

It's all about quantity, over quality for these people. Being right or wrong is irrelevant o_O:confused:
    (kind of like the vast majority of people on forums....just kidding, kind of)

If you find yourself looking for holy advice on trading/investing with these people...you're in trouble. And need to desperately learn, or you will lose a noticeable portion of your account quickly.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
  4. Mtrader

Mtrader

Their name tells it all. They are just a pain in the ass.

5. CALLumbus

CALLumbus

Abby Cohen

6. Handle123

Handle123

Jim Rogers, but he does say he is often early.

I will flag what he gives but always go by my signals.

7. ajacobson

ajacobson

Lazlo Birinyi

8. ET180

ET180

Same with Peter Schiff. I occasionally listen to his podcasts and his arguments are logical, but if you followed his advice, you would be under-performing the market by a lot. Actually, one would be losing money by being in gold since around 2011 with the exception of 2016. I do believe that he will one day be right again just as he was in 2008. I'll give him credit for being the only one on CNBC and other shows arguing that the housing market had major problems in 2006 and 2007 despite ridicule and derision from other guests.

9. toc

toc

Vanguard Index Funds

Rationalize likes this.
  10. marketsurfer

#10     Mar 4, 2017
    samuel11 likes this.